Harness bar height vs Harness, HANS, etc - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-05-2015, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Harness bar height vs Harness, HANS, etc

As some of you may have noticed, I've been working on getting some of the safety gears recently.
I have a proper seat, a proper 6 point harness, and now I was about to get a HANS device.

I got to try a few at my local racetrack recently and talked with the vendor there for a decent amount of time and learned a great deal. The thing that I found out and concerns me now is:

The stock harness track pack bar is on the high side, and my harness is unable to achieve horizontal to 20 degrees decline angle from my shoulder. This causes the HANS device to slide back a bit, and I'm afraid this makes the HANS device less effective and/or uncomfortable to the point it's distracting.

I've been looking at various older posts concerning this, and sounded like even a 6" tall person has the same issue. Lotus 'CUP' car with LotusSport roll cage mitigates issue with lower harness bar location.
I'm wondering how everyone else is dealing with this issue.

For me, installing a roll cage is not an option, yet. I street drive the car, still. Aftermarket harness bar MAY be an option, although I'd rather not if I can get away with it without compromising too much.

In the mean time, I'll be doing what @acslater did, using aluminum shaft collars to give my harness a favorable angle laterally.

2001 2JZ-GE
2008 N54B30
2008 2ZZ-GZE
2015 N63B44O1

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty

Last edited by forkmeupscotty; 11-05-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: a word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Safety

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in