Hybrid pro rage help!!! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Question Hybrid pro rage help!!!

Ok... more confused than I've ever been. Thought this was going to be a simple decision but I've been leaning back and forth...

I've had a hans for a long time and now i feel I need to replace it.

After doing the research on all the aspects between getting another hans, defndr, and hybrid pro rage I've chosen the hybrid pro rage.

Only thing that is stopping me is side to side visibility.
Anyone been in a car with a defndr and a hyrbrid pro rage??? How do the two compare to a hans with sliding tethers?

I think Im going to go to Ioport tomorrow and try on the hybrid but I wont have a comparison at all to the defndr.

Just need some opinions. Has anyone had both the hans and a hybrid pro rage?

Thanks!

SpecRacerFord #189
2003 Suburban - 450 hpTow beast
2010 Camaro M/SS

2005 Elise Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:08 AM

Have you tried the Hybrid? How did you find it? I tried a sliding tether one and didn't think the "sliding" feature worked very well.

(Sorry, can't offer a comparison to another device.)

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:06 PM

I have one of these. I really like it but the sliding tether doesn't work very well for me. Possibly because of where I drilled the holes or something, but to shorten the straps from the harness to the helmet so they work, they become so short that there isn't much left to extend or contract on either side. Maybe 1 inch on either side which doesn't allow much head turning. And that is further compromised by a half inch on either side because of the plastic clamp that lets you adjust the length of the straps.

I need to figure out how to make another fixed length strap that allows more rotation and/or redrill the helmet.

I still really like the system and strongly recommend it. It's the only one I found that I felt would work when I take rides in other peoples cars. This is because it doesn't depend on anyone else's seat belts and from what I've experienced most cars at DEs have improperly set-up belts. If I didn't have it I wouldn't have taken a ride in the twin turbo gallardo last summer!!

Do a lot of checking and measuring when you put the loops on the helmet.

Justin

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I went and bought the rage hybrid pro.

It definitely has less movement then the Hans (both with sliding tethers) but I feel as if it has more than ample range.

I can turn and see all that i need to be able to on the track. I think I will just need to get used to it from the Hans but i dont see any problems.

It is very comfy and I barely notice it. I would recommend it if you are on the edge between hans and hybrid. Still dont have a comparison to a defender though.

SpecRacerFord #189
2010 Camaro M/SS

2005 Elise Sold
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

jah29 and luxexige

The tethers do restrict the movement a lot but I think that just comes with more side to side protection. I guess you could loosen them but doesn't that make it lose its effectiveness?

I was reading somewhere that people were putting hans tethers in there and that offered a little more movement while still keeping the same tether length becasue the hans tethers are skinny to the end of the tether.

+1 jah29 on being able to use it in other people's cars. Thats why I switched.

SpecRacerFord #189
2010 Camaro M/SS

2005 Elise Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Safety

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in