Stilo ST4 GT W anyone? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:25 PM

My Arai GP-6S looks a little plain in comparison, particularly because Iridium Arai mirror shields are out of stock until next week on the West coast. But build quality is great and the visor opening mechanism is wonderful. If it had an integrated radio it would be perfect...F1 guys use Arai so there must be a way to do it...
Attached Images

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson View Post
The silver does look great - I went for the carbon so I hope it looks ever cooler ;-)
If it fits, you'll have an exceptionally light helmet and not a bad price either. I'd hazard that the Arai GP-6S is a little heavier than the Stilo composite, probably due to the amount of soft padding inside. Carbon Stilo should be awesome.

Get the multi-color purple/blue iridium shield with Carbon. Only $99 with anti-fog. Compare to Arai at $150+.

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Get the multi-color purple/blue iridium shield
I ordered the dark smoke visor, they said it was closest to wearing good sunglasses. What is light like through the iridium as they do look pretty badass.

If I don't like the fit I'm going to try the Arai I's just have it custom painted.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 AM

The iridium's are a blue blocker so they are really quite superior at blocking out direct glare instead of just dulling the UV tinge/direct light like a black lense. They really mute everything without making things too dark.
A lot of guys find when light is low but there is still glare that the blacks are just a little too dark/imposing.

I find, anyway.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Do the iridium shields also make it harder to pic up things like oil smears on the road?

I was told that the Stilo mirror iridium shield was between light and dark smoke.

'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Nope, that's why they're so much better/favoured these days. You get less glare, with more sight than a blackened visor.
Naturally it's still darker than having nothing, but I find a lot more visibility is maintained.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Got the helmet a few days ago so here's my review

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f238...9/#post1725964

In short disappointing and it's going back. Short version is it didn't fit (too small) and even if it did I think it would be going back...

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2012, 07:02 PM

I had heard they run very small. Am waiting for the XXL to be built. Thanks for your write-up. Now I will want to try one on before I buy it.

65 Elan S2 - Restored & For Sale
72 Europa- Restoration under way
69 Elan S4 - Restored & Sold
64 Elan S1 - Restored & Not for sale
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart - Sold
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car - Sold
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car - Wrecked at track
06 Elise - Track pack - Sold
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 PM

Sorry to hear, I do agree they are worth too much for what they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Safety

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in