How can we view New Threads? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Arrow How can we view New Threads?

In the menu there are "Active Topics" and "New Posts" selection, but these are not really any different.

I would like to see a "New Threads" option, specifically with multiple days back like we have with the "New Posts" sub-menus.

Is there a way to search for New Threads? I would like to see all the new topics that were started on a given day, and not just topics that have been updated on a given day. Is there current a way to get notified of "New Threads"?

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Hey there,

We can see if there is a plugin for that.
But before I pass this along to the other mods and admins, I'll need some opinions on this suggestion.
What does everybody say about this?

Best regards,

Ed
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Arrow Who would like a View New Thread by Day option?

If the community could chime in that would be great.

What I am requesting is a menu option similar to the existing "New Posts" option but for "New Threads". This would let you then select the number of days back, like 1, 2, 3... Last Week, etc.

What this gives you is the ability to see all of the New Threads at a quick glance. This will be much shorter list than the current New Posts list, which currently shows all the posts, even posts on old threads (and is almost identical to the menu option "Active Topics"). By viewing only "New Threads" you will be able to see if you have missed any interesting threads, such as Group Buys or other items that you might have otherwise missed if you were not on the forum every day.

Thoughts?
Attached Images

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:05 AM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
If its not a lot of trouble to the Admins, I'd sign up for it! There is plenty of room on that title bar.

Why not include this category on ALL AutoGuide forums?

This would be different from the "Today's Posts" column on other AG forums.

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Anybody else want to weigh in?

Erik
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
I am for it, especially if I could get notification of a new thread via email. I posted that question earlier today and got 0 responses so far.

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in