Image Moderation? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Nein Kinder

Image Moderation?

Do I really need to contact a moderator every time I upload an image to the gallery? I uploaded several images to the gallery 24 hours ago, but they are still invisible, awaiting a moderator's approval I presume. I use the LotusTalk gallery because the images will stick around long after I'm gone. I've benefited from other people's old posts and hate it when their image links are broken. Using the LotusTalk gallery is an efficient way to make sure that doesn't happen (and it should save server space compared to attaching the image).

If you are worried about me posting NSFW images, then you'd be requiring moderation of *any* image tag (like one that links to an external source), but that's not happening. So what gives? Does the bulletin board not notify anyone that an image is awaiting approval? If not, why not?

I understand that moderators volunteer their time. But if no moderator is "seeing" my images and approving them, I'll lose interest pretty quickly in posting informative images. I wrote a thread yesterday and would have liked to have included some images *right then*. As it stands now, I'll have to come back to a thread more than a day later to add images that many readers have probably already lost hope of ever seeing. And I'm losing interest too.

Can the moderation of images occur after they are made available - or perhaps much more efficiently - simply on the complaint of another user?

Glen

post script - This is not a one-off experience. The last time I uploaded images, I had to contact a moderator for image approval several days after the upload.

2011 Lotus Elise SC

Last edited by Glen; 12-09-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: add p.s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Race & Pamper

It looks like that's how the gallery works, my apologies for the inconvenience.

I just approved your images, all set there. Thanks for sharing them.

Do contact a friendly moderator whenever you need, we are here to help.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 11:23 PM
anglophile in exile

Thanks David.

Glen, not all galleries require moderation it is quite odd... which one were you posting to that required it?

Also you can just attach the file to the post directly without putting it in the gallery...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Nein Kinder

Thanks for your help guys. I'm not frustrated at moderators - you guys do a great service. It's just frustrating that it is hard to do what seems like the right way to handle images.

The images were posted to the main album since I didn't see a specific album that would apply to these images (about oil filters). Here is the URL to an image so you can verify which album they are in:

Code:
https://www.lotustalk.com/gallery/files/25781-kn_hp2009_korea3.jpg
I posted about this subject a little over a year ago and a moderator replied that some settings had randomly changed. Perhaps someone can figure out the setting that would permit unmoderated pics to the main album (or point me to one that doesn't have moderation set).

Thanks again!

Glen

2011 Lotus Elise SC
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Such moderate

Garage
They do have to be approved for some reason. I try to check in there everyday and approve what I see in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in