New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 10 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 185 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Registered User
 
Joshrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wayland, MA
Posts: 129
I like the old site better!!! I did switch back to the classic view, but that isn't the old site completely. My favorite thing about the old site was the number of unread active topics. I would always check the site every day on my iPad just to read the topics that I haven't read yet. Now, even with the classic view, it doesn't have that number listed and I don't know which topics I have read or not.

I used to come to the site every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Now if I come once every few weeks, it's pushing it. I really wish you would switch back to the old way the site ran. Or somehow put that feature back in.
shay2nak likes this.

2008 Lotus Elise California Edition - Red
2009 Land Rover LR2 - Black
2011 Volvo XC90 - Charcoal
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Red (sold)
Joshrose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 185 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Licensed Driver
 
AG Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrose View Post
I like the old site better!!! I did switch back to the classic view, but that isn't the old site completely. My favorite thing about the old site was the number of unread active topics. I would always check the site every day on my iPad just to read the topics that I haven't read yet. Now, even with the classic view, it doesn't have that number listed and I don't know which topics I have read or not.

I used to come to the site every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Now if I come once every few weeks, it's pushing it. I really wish you would switch back to the old way the site ran. Or somehow put that feature back in.
@Joshrose - Can you let me know what browser you are using and any screen shot of where it is missing? I can then share with the team to see what we can do.

On the new look you have two options at the top:

Active Topics: (most replies recently) Lotus Forum - Lotus Talk - Active Topics

New Posts: (new since last visit) https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew


Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f24/
AG Jeff is offline  
post #183 of 185 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered User
 
Joshrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wayland, MA
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG Jeff View Post
@Joshrose - Can you let me know what browser you are using and any screen shot of where it is missing? I can then share with the team to see what we can do.

On the new look you have two options at the top:

Active Topics: (most replies recently) Lotus Forum - Lotus Talk - Active Topics

New Posts: (new since last visit) https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew


Jeff

Jeff, I'm using Safari on my iPad. I didn't realize that the new posts were new since my last visit. That wasn't clear. I thought they were new posts to the site. These 2 seemed redundant. But now I guess I see that they aren't.
AG Jeff likes this.

2008 Lotus Elise California Edition - Red
2009 Land Rover LR2 - Black
2011 Volvo XC90 - Charcoal
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Red (sold)
Joshrose is offline  
 
post #184 of 185 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Registered User
 
ItsThaMonsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,600
What I really dislike about the new site is that recent topics have been replaced by popular discussions. Those rarely change I use to visit and view the recent topics. Those aren't present when using my cell phone with Dolphin browser. I know it's hidden off to the side on the computer itself but now I come far less because I don't feel like digging through different links.

America has always been defined by its excess. The Grand Canyon, professional sports contracts, Wendyís baconator, extra bacon! I myself have 18 Lamborghinis, and a Subaru station-wagon. And itís because of this excess that I have flourished. I implore you, please do not stop profiting. Live for excess, itís the American way.
ItsThaMonsta is offline  
post #185 of 185 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Licensed Driver
 
AG Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chicago
Posts: 74
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsThaMonsta View Post
What I really dislike about the new site is that recent topics have been replaced by popular discussions. Those rarely change I use to visit and view the recent topics. Those aren't present when using my cell phone with Dolphin browser. I know it's hidden off to the side on the computer itself but now I come far less because I don't feel like digging through different links.
We have two way to view unread content now via these two links that should cover the old "popular discussions". Try these Stu and you should find what you are looking for, they are at the top of all pages on the Nav bar.

Active Topics: (recent topics with move replies) Lotus Forum - Lotus Talk - Active Topics
and
New Posts: (since last log in): https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew

You can also read subscribed thread here:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/subs...ewsubscription

Jeff

Jeff
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com

If you need admin assistance please post here:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f24/
AG Jeff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome