Private messages - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 05:37 AM
Registered User
 
99V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5
Just saw this link, helping get my post count up now!
99V8 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 11:20 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5
Okay well I'm trying to sell a hardtop on here so I guess I'm about to litter this thread with posts to get around the ridiculous ten post rule.
glowingegg is offline  
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Registered User
 
Tazicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,063
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowingegg View Post
This website is seriously spaghetti. This is why people my parents age think the internet is too daunting.

Did you read why? I am probably your parents age (52) and have no problem with this rule as I have been a member of other forums that required 200 posts as well as 1 month on the board.

This is really minor EXCEPT to the younger generation that expects everything right now. Wow you might have to wait 10 minutes to buy something or PM someone.

And if you read you only needed 5 posts...............
Tazicon is offline  
 
post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazicon View Post
This is really minor EXCEPT to the younger generation that expects everything right now. Wow you might have to wait 10 minutes to buy something or PM someone.

And if you read you only needed 5 posts...............
It isn't needing to make ten posts that is annoying- that makes sense. It's the fact that I had to figure out that there is actually a reason for PMs not being available to me, other than core functionality just being totally missing, and then I had go thread diving to find out how to take care of it. I can think of a great number of ways this could have been done more clearly, for instance, displaying the PM button but having it inaccessible until the requirement is met, with the explanation for why next to it. With how much power web developers have now, users shouldn't be left guessing what the intent of the developer was. It shouldn't just be the younger generations expecting usage instructions to be clear. But hey, maybe you like the challenge of learning how to navigate and properly use monolithic and impenetrable web forums that you depend on...
That being said, even if the design isn't perfect, I appreciate that someone is maintaining this website, as it is a really useful forum. So, I'd like to stop trashing it now, before the mods get angry with me. Sorry if I upset you, mate.
glowingegg is offline  
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 08:11 PM
anglophile in exile
 
Aedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Oz
Posts: 5,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowingegg View Post
It isn't needing to make ten posts that is annoying- that makes sense. It's the fact that I had to figure out that there is actually a reason for PMs not being available to me, other than core functionality just being totally missing, and then I had go thread diving to find out how to take care of it. I can think of a great number of ways this could have been done more clearly, for instance, displaying the PM button but having it inaccessible until the requirement is met, with the explanation for why next to it. With how much power web developers have now, users shouldn't be left guessing what the intent of the developer was. It shouldn't just be the younger generations expecting usage instructions to be clear. But hey, maybe you like the challenge of learning how to navigate and properly use monolithic and impenetrable web forums that you depend on...
That being said, even if the design isn't perfect, I appreciate that someone is maintaining this website, as it is a really useful forum. So, I'd like to stop trashing it now, before the mods get angry with me. Sorry if I upset you, mate.
You should have received an email when you joined advising you of the 5 post rule. Let me know if you didn't.
Aedo is offline  
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 12:32 PM
Such moderate
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,719
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedo View Post
You should have received an email when you joined advising you of the 5 post rule. Let me know if you didn't.
I just ran a test account. It was never added. I will let AG know and ask why it was never done.
Doge is offline  
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 02:46 PM
Registered User
 
Tazicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,063
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowingegg View Post
It isn't needing to make ten posts that is annoying- that makes sense. It's the fact that I had to figure out that there is actually a reason for PMs not being available to me, other than core functionality just being totally missing, and then I had go thread diving to find out how to take care of it. I can think of a great number of ways this could have been done more clearly, for instance, displaying the PM button but having it inaccessible until the requirement is met, with the explanation for why next to it. With how much power web developers have now, users shouldn't be left guessing what the intent of the developer was. It shouldn't just be the younger generations expecting usage instructions to be clear. But hey, maybe you like the challenge of learning how to navigate and properly use monolithic and impenetrable web forums that you depend on...
That being said, even if the design isn't perfect, I appreciate that someone is maintaining this website, as it is a really useful forum. So, I'd like to stop trashing it now, before the mods get angry with me. Sorry if I upset you, mate.

No upset just pointing out what's wrong with the "me" generation. You wasted far more time posting in this thread than it would have taken you to find the answers.

Attention New Members read this!
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221...s-read-239930/

Not very cryptic, so yes don't trash the forum and maybe a bit of respect for the good folks here would go a long ways.
Tazicon is offline  
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Such moderate
 
Doge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 6,719
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazicon View Post
No upset just pointing out what's wrong with the "me" generation. You wasted far more time posting in this thread than it would have taken you to find the answers.

Attention New Members read this!
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221...s-read-239930/

Not very cryptic, so yes don't trash the forum and maybe a bit of respect for the good folks here would go a long ways.
This is why we asked to add it to the email when you first sign up, although most people don't read that either.
Doge is offline  
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 8
I admit I also did not read the first email after registering. Now I have. This is my second post.
RX-78 Gundam is offline  
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
I've been absent for quite a while and mostly lurking before that. Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I couldn't PM anymore.
the_wifes_car is offline  
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 03:34 PM
The Enforcer
 
oldmansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Posts: 6,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wifes_car View Post
I've been absent for quite a while and mostly lurking before that. Thanks for the info. I was wondering why I couldn't PM anymore.
You should be good now. PM me if you want to confirm your ability.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
oldmansan is offline  
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 08:07 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 5
Just reading up on how to send a PM.

exigist
exigist is offline  
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Registered User
 
jmcwpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: West Palm Beach Florida USA
Posts: 23
Trying to up my count so I can try to buy something
jmcwpb is offline  
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Registered User
 
jmcwpb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: West Palm Beach Florida USA
Posts: 23
One More Then Maybe?
jmcwpb is offline  
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 07:28 AM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,336
Once you've surpassed 5 posts, you can buy items in the classifieds section. Let us know if you're having issues accessing that or anything else and if you're seeing an error (if so, what does it say? Screenshots are helpful!).


Cheers,
Nate
Administrator is offline  
post #76 of 83 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 09:20 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 7
Just get AIM and use that to PM people... Oh its been canned :c
cowlover556 is offline  
post #77 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 16
Hey guys do we still need 10 post to private message another member?
2L8i1 is offline  
post #78 of 83 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 12:23 PM
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8i1 View Post
Hey guys do we still need 10 post to private message another member?
Yes but you now have 11 posts so you should be able to send a PM now.

Cheers,

Danniella
Administrator is offline  
post #79 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Norwalk, CT
Posts: 30
I have over 10 posts but cannot PM. Is this an issue of trying to do it on an iPhone, or is there a minimum time limit from when you join to when you can PM (in addition to the 10 post rule)?

Thanks,
Dave
DVG 335 is offline  
post #80 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 07:20 PM
The Enforcer
 
oldmansan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Posts: 6,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVG 335 View Post
I have over 10 posts but cannot PM. Is this an issue of trying to do it on an iPhone, or is there a minimum time limit from when you join to when you can PM (in addition to the 10 post rule)?

Thanks,
Dave
There's no time rule. @Administrator

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
oldmansan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










« Exige Forum | - »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome