Site question??? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Site question???

I've been on here for several months learning about the cars & shopping the for sale section. The site always worked well for me. For a few weeks now the site has gotten PAINFULLY slow, like a minute to log on, a minute after I click on a thread, many times getting locked & than a message that says that the site is not responding & needs to be refreshed. Is there a specific program I can check on my computer to try to resolve this? I'm not having issues on any other sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by Oldfart; 11-16-2015 at 07:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 05:29 PM

I am getting proper response, sub 1 second. You should look to something else more local for your issue.

Howard
2005 Elise AP LSS hardtop
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 08:11 PM

No issues here. Try clicking on User CP. On the left under Settings and Options click on Edit Options. scroll all the way to the bottom. Under Forum Skin click on classic.

Don't know if it will work but at a minimum it is easier on the eyes.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Nein Kinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
. . .
For a few weeks now the site has gotten PAINFULLY slow
. . .
I'm not having issues on any other sites.
In the past, ad servers for this site have been intermittently slow. Try running an ad blocker in your browser and see if the speed improves.

Glen

2011 Lotus Elise SC
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 10:28 PM
anglophile in exile

Moved to Forum Feedback section so that admin will see it
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Try running an ad blocker in your browser and see if the speed improves.

Glen
This would be the first thing I would try.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I've been on here for several months learning about the cars & shopping the for sale section. The site always worked well for me. For a few weeks now the site has gotten PAINFULLY slow, like a minute to log on, a minute after I click on a thread, many times getting locked & than a message that says that the site is not responding & needs to be refreshed. Is there a specific program I can check on my computer to try to resolve this? I'm not having issues on any other sites. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there,
Can you please note the time and the date of the slowdown? Also, can you please post a screenshot of when you get the message? Also, please include the URL of the page. And what is the browser and evice you are using?

Thanks,
Marie
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi there,
Can you please note the time and the date of the slowdown? Also, can you please post a screenshot of when you get the message? Also, please include the URL of the page. And what is the browser and evice you are using?

Thanks,
Marie
Hi Marie, it happens all different times of the day, it doesn't seem to matter. I'm using Internet Explorer on a home PC. It happens no matter where I am on the site. Is this a Vertical Scope site? If it is I'm on a motorcycle site by them (Gixxer.com) frequently & never had an issue. Thanks for any advice or help. I feel like I've gone back to a phone modem. I'm not sure about the URL of the page, I'm old & dopey with computers! I had to Google how to do a screenshot.
Attached Images

Last edited by Oldfart; 11-17-2015 at 04:21 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Sold my Exige S

Oldfart: Your version of Internet Explorer (IE) is likely outdated and can't properly resolve this website's code. Either download the latest version of IE, or try Google Chrome or Firefox and see if the problem persists. For fun, I just loaded this website in a really old version of IE and look what happened!
Attached Images

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedo View Post
Moved to Forum Feedback section so that admin will see it
Thanks for all of your help. I do have the latest IE, but I just tried logging in with Firefox & the site works fine when using that browser. I guess I'll dump my IE & try downloading a fresh version. Thanks again, that slow motion loading & locking was killing me!

Last edited by Oldfart; 11-17-2015 at 08:51 PM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 AM
Nein Kinder

Quote:
Thanks for all of your help. I do have the latest IE, but I just tried logging in with Firefox & the site works fine when using that browser. I guess I'll dump my IE & try downloading a fresh version. Thanks again, that slow motion loading & locking was killing me!
I try to avoid these old systems like the plague, but if you're on something really old like Windows XP, Microsoft makes you use Internet Explorer 6 . . . they purposely degraded that browser to be all but useless for viewing current web pages.

Glen

2011 Lotus Elise SC
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
I try to avoid these old systems like the plague, but if you're on something really old like Windows XP, Microsoft makes you use Internet Explorer 6 . . . they purposely degraded that browser to be all but useless for viewing current web pages.

Glen
I have IE 11 with Windows 7 on a 5 year old Lenovo PC with a quad chip, I forget the speed. Odd thing is everything was fine until a few weeks ago. At least I know I can switch over to Firefox if I need to.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Thanks for keeping us updated, did you ever try adding the site to compatibility mode?

To add a site to always be viewed in compatibility mode, perform the following:

Open Internet Explorer.
From the Tools icon, select Compatibility View settings.
Enter the website URL and click Add.
Click Close.

Thanks,
Marie
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate the input & help. It turned out my IE 11 had issues & I finally gave up trying to fix it. I dumped all the way back to IE 8 & then I kept getting 11 refusing to download with messages saying I am missing prerequisites needed to download 11. Tons of other people having the same issue from what I Googled. I was starting to feel like I had gone back to my 56K modem! I'm running Chrome now & it is blazing fast with no glitches.

Last edited by Oldfart; 11-25-2015 at 04:53 AM.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-24-2015, 10:51 PM

Outstanding prompt and helpful replies from Mods and Admin!

Thanks for looking out for us!

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in