Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Windows Phone

If you switch the phone preferences to desktop the site loads just fine on Windows Phone. This is not the solution though. Every mobile site I have ever been to, even those specifically designed for iPhone work just fine on Windows Phone. There is clearly some problem with the mobile version of the site. It is not a "phone compatibility" issue.

'06 Exige Chrome Orange | NA | Touring | Traction Control | Cup Air Box | FastWorks Torque 200 | PPE Headers | PPE Cat Delete | LBH Racing Raptor Exhaust | Engine Mount Inserts | Penske DA with 600/800 springs | BOE Toe-links | Shaved Steering Arms | Sector 111 Harness Bar | Schroth Harnesses | Shifter Reinforced | DBW Pedals | DIY Clutch Stop | Team Dynamics 1.2's | Sector 111 Ultradisks | BOE TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | Radium Coolant Expansion Tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri3d View Post
I see that it's not compatible with Windows Phone, but now Windows Phone loads a broken gray "Loading..." screen instead of anything of value. Seems like WP should just redirect to the desktop site still if the new mobile one is not compatible.
Yes, I have a Windows phone. All I get is "loading". Anyone have a fix for this? I am not the only one, my son as a Windows phone and he is getting the same. I don't know why I cannot just get the desktop version.

I am in the computer business. I hate it when websites force stuff on us. I don't like mobile versions. I like the desktop versions.

Tony V

Edit, I will try what the above poster says.

I have set my phone to load the desktop version. Works for me. I hate mobile versions.

Tony Vaccaro
2005 Elise Ardent Red, www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, 70 Elan GTS, 1991 M100, 1999 Sport 190 Elise, 1974 Europa TC, 1973 Europa JPS #15 TwinCam.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Using an Android phone.
The Mobile website is badass.

I never bothered with the autoguide app because it was steaming pile of crap and just used the 'normal' website version on the phone's browser.
But the new mobile one is clean and and actually usable.

2001 2JZ-GE
2008 N54B30
2008 2ZZ-GZE
2015 N63B44O1

http://www.youtube.com/forkmeupscotty

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 03:03 PM
JWA

Something has recently been changed with this mobile app and it has broken the ability to use the Exit Enhanced Mobile View function. Now every time you return to the site it redirects to the mobile view, then upon selecting the menu option to exit it asks you why you are leaving the new view, then takes you to the main forum listing in the desktop mode - not the page you originally linked into. I always use a bookmark to the New Posts function, and this function now always redirects to the root page of the mobile view no matter how you go into it. This completely breaks the site for me on my phone.

I'm using Safari in iOS 8.1 on an iPhone 6 Plus.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback and device information. The enhanced view is still being improved and any the feedback that you provide us will go towards helping us improve the experience.

I have forwarded your concerns to the development team.

Please let us know if you see anything else odd about the mobile view.

~KM, community support

Quick question JWA, are you using incognito mode when browsing?
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 AM

Not sure when it started, but the new enhanced view now opens a thread at page 190, or the last page if there are less than that number.

Have also noticed that one or two sub forums open in a "date order" instead of reversed, which means the latest posts are on the last page, not the first.

iOS 8.1 on iPhone 5c using Safari.

Cheers.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 08:54 AM

To clarify. It's the thread list that starts at 190. And from memory it's the actual thread that sometimes is in reverse order.

One other issue noticed trying to enter this. The 'window' showing what's already been entered while typing shrinks down to only 2 lines. Even after closing the keyboard.

Cheers.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Hello,

Which sub-forums are you seeing the "date order" issue in? Also, could you please provide me with a screenshot of the shrinking text box? I can't seem to recreate it on my end.

Thank you.

~KM
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 12:22 PM

I think you can ignore my comments about the date order. I think is was getting confused between sub-forums and then posts in those forums.

Hopefully the image I've attached while typing this shows the tiny entry area.

Cheers.
Attached Images

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 12:24 PM

Even if I hit "Done" and close the keyboard, the entry area doesn't change in size. It remains the same.

Cheers.

2007 Exige S. Phantom Black/Black. KoldFire 270 SC.
1993 3000GT VR4. Green, not quite BRG, but close.
1988 Fiero GT. Red. RIP.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA View Post
Even if I hit "Done" and close the keyboard, the entry area doesn't change in size. It remains the same.

Cheers.
Is that only on the safari browser or do you have others to test on?

KN Community Support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in