Worst website award - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 06:36 AM

I have the same experience. On older devices I don't even bother coming here. It runs ok on my desktop though but it's a new build so nothing really bogs it down much. But even then I notice that it's not optimal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Do you sometimes get script errors when responding to a post or opening your own threads?

lee
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Sold my Exige S

Admins, I've had zero issues with this site mostly because I disable flash and html5 content by default. Too many critics don't make the effort to improve things on their end, so they whine and blame everyone but themselves.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by +TSRAGR View Post
Admins, I've had zero issues with this site mostly because I disable flash and html5 content by default. Too many critics don't make the effort to improve things on their end, so they whine and blame everyone but themselves.
Hi – I am not sure I agree with your stance. I do not believe that it is reasonable for users to have to disable flash, disable HTML 5, disable Java, install pop-up blockers, turn off speaker volume, exit enhanced view, perform additional Antivirus software configuration, and own an above average PC in order to simply read a message board.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it appears you think if a user does not perform all or most of the above then they are not exerting reasonable effort to read text on the Internet.

I do not agree. Or at least in my opinion we don't need to have all the shi*t flying across the screen to read something. Advertising can be done in a more sensible manner like with simple jpg or gif pictures etc.

With that being said, I try to support the site by adding content that hopefully is useful to somebody in the universe but if there was another site that required less configuration effort to simply browse and had the technical content that I needed I would choose it instead.

Just expressing my opinion! I have set my PCs in a manner that makes it tolerable to browse the site but wouldn't be nicer if I didn't have to do all that?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-08-2016, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Hey all

As mentioned, first things first is to make sure you are logged in. It is designed to be a better experience for our members over guests.

Secondly, for those of you having trouble, please let us know what browsers you are using, and if you are on a phone or desk/laptop. Simple item, but sometimes can work miracles - have you cleared your cache and cookies recently? A bad cookie can make for a bad experience.

For those on mobile using the full site, some of the lag you are getting may just be that your device cannot process the full site properly. If you are having trouble with the mobile view of the site, please let us know what device and browser you are using, and be as specific as you can with the issue, so we can look in to it.

Dayle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Lotus Talk Forum Feedback and Site Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in