1FASTMX5's Monkey Wrench Racing Turbo Nightmare - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 02:56 PM

Ewww, where have you been sticking that finger?

Right, with a name like Monkey Wrench it's got to be good.

I guess the first clue that there might be a problem was when you didn't get the car after a month, then 2 months, then 3 months, then 4 months, then 5...

05 Elise AS/Black, Touring, Star (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:02 PM

1Fast I can't believe what I'm seeing! I have done a couple projects with MWR and have had nothing but success. This is not the type of craftsmanship I would expect from them. It is inexcusable to produce something as bad as this. I'm sorry that it happened!!!

K
post #23 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryD
If they are fully funding the repairs then I guess that's standing behind the work (sort of) but it sounds like they have deprived you of using the car for months, damaged it as well and left you out of pocket. If so I would link this thread all over the place.
Please do share with others as I am sharing a honest experience to which I can back up with proof.

They refunded some money however...

I was not compensated for cost of repairing the damage from their work. Excess loss of usage. Interest paid to credit card because of unreasonable demands to not dispute charges. All the expenses of towing and traveling etc.

I got punished in time and money for trusting them to which they see as doing nothing wrong at all.

They also thought is was totally acceptable to miss promised deadlines so that they could go to races themselves and have fun with their cars. This happened no less then 3 seperate times and cuased me much frustration.

Last edited by Lotus F1; 04-19-2006 at 03:13 PM.

post #24 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:09 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciexlsyd
1Fast I can't believe what I'm seeing! I have done a couple projects with MWR and have had nothing but success. This is not the type of craftsmanship I would expect from them. It is inexcusable to produce something as bad as this. I'm sorry that it happened!!! K
Having worked with Anthony a bit during the mess and Hass period, I can tell you that the thing is *very* understated in this thread. Total complete bald face lies. And not from the new guy who sweeps the floors. MWR would not even give back some of the bits they removed from the car for a long time. Not sure if they ever did. Incredibly bad behavior combined with arrogance, disrespect, and awful work habits, practices, and craftsmanship not to mention business ethics.

These days many folks are not hands-on or DIYers at all. Some of these who have a shop work on their car for them get it back and, if it runs, they are delighted. Better? Worse? Who knows. Few ever really look at what was done to the car up close as Anthony and Hass have.
post #25 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM

I agree with Stan.
I don't believe this is an isolated episode. It seems to be too much of an outlier... It almost looks like they had the janitor train how to do a turbo install on 1fast's Elise...

1fast, I hope you have a good lawyer, I'd take them to the cleaners if i were you. These guys are a disgrace.

My daily driver is an orange plastic toaster
post #26 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:13 PM

This thread, and more importantly, your story makes me sick to my stomach. The pictures are just awful, but that video is beyond words...

Man, I hope it all works out for you in the end.

2013 Silverstone M3 Coupe
2008 Wicked White Evo X - SOLD
2006 Solar Yellow Exige - SOLD
2004 Formula Red S2000 - SOLD
post #27 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:18 PM

Garage
I feel like the person who got sick and couldn't make the flight, and the whole plane went down with everyone aboard dead. Monkeywrench spoke to us on the phone about using our car as their test car. I hate to say it, but Im glad it wasn't me!

The mess detailed in your pictures (especially) and write up is so bad that I'm at a loss for words.

post #28 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:20 PM

This story makes me sick.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I would consult a lawyer.
post #29 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Did you get any compensation for your troubles?

It is all about "Other".
post #30 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:35 PM

Who did that wire job ?, Helen Keller would have done a better job

Sndesign
post #31 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:38 PM

I would be sure to file a compaint with the BBB and get a lawyer. This shop should refund all of your money, pay to get the cr fixed properly or buy you a new car. Horrible story. I will be sure to add them to the list of "companies to ignore"...

Proud owner of a 2006 Storm Titanium Elise
post #32 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:40 PM

I think you have great documantation for a legal suit. no way you loose with that. That makes me REALLY want to run out and buy the MWR baffled oil pan now. As a small business owner myself, i say you should hold them liable, and make them right the wrong, and compensate you for lost time in the car, depreciation of the car, and allot of other crap. I dont believe in unjust lawsuits, but man, this is justified by all means.
post #33 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Complete car repair kit FORSALE!

Complete car repair kit forsale! Guaranteed to fix all Lotusesseses!!!!

COMPLETE!
post #34 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguyAZ
That makes me REALLY want to run out and buy the MWR baffled oil pan now.
For the record MWR doesn't make the Oil Pan, Moroso makes the pan and MWR just relabels it.
post #35 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb
For the record MWR doesn't make the Oil Pan, Moroso makes the pan and MWR just relabels it.
Exactly... I dont believe they really build anything but rather just rebrands things to give that impression. For example..They did that with the MWR injectors to which are made by another manufacturer and have nothing to really do with them. You can buy them at the local Pepboys
post #36 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM
TTP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeywrench
The pan is being built for us by Moroso. We did most of the leg work to make this happen and supplied all of the engineering samples and did the test fitting. They don't like doing small runs so we'll be getting a large quantity made and will be distributing to others. Oh, and we don't gouge you Lotus guys like dealers and "exotic shops" do.
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...9&postcount=16

Didn't some of these pans have bad fit?
post #37 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Quote:
They do the same with a lot of products, like "MWR" valves and "MWR" valve springs.
post #38 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
thanks for the info, that makes me want one again. so much knowledge here, thats for sharing ......................
Josh
post #39 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFastLotus
I feel like the person who got sick and couldn't make the flight, and the whole plane went down with everyone aboard dead. Monkeywrench spoke to us on the phone about using our car as their test car. I hate to say it, but Im glad it wasn't me!

The mess detailed in your pictures (especially) and write up is so bad that I'm at a loss for words.
ditto! I talked to them as well but didn't get the warm and fuzzys from them so I didn't go for it.

2005 Nightfall Blue
post #40 of 174 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 05:48 PM
-

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in