Installed "Manly Mounts" a while back! - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 07:31 PM

had a $h!tty week so i just treated myself to some manly motor mounts

2005 Krypton Green Lotus Elise
1993 Black BMW 325i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali.Maadelat View Post
What are the vibrations like? Will you be at dinner today?
Just saw this. Will try to come to a dinner one of these weeks...Thursdays are typically hard. Definitely want to swap rides and see whether the extra vibes are worth the tradeoff. I will say that the way the car drives with 3 out of 4 mounts replaced in my car is just awesome; I will probably do the 4th mount soon.

In my car, the most vibration is not really at idle, but slightly above idle when you are first taking off. Think mild massage chair. Reminded me of driving one of those gas engined go karts. But then 3000rpm and above, it's not really an issue of vibration. There are a few rattles in my car at 3250rpm. Car is also a bit louder b/c all the surfaces vibrating are like big speaker cones.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 06:56 PM

Great write up! I too hate how the mushy stock mounts make the engine shift its weight back and forth whenever letting off the gas (even smoothly). I do not think anyone has written a review yet after extended use with manly's mounts, so thanks!

2011 WRX - Protuned 328 WHP / 344 TQ on Mustang Dyno

[sold] 06 Exige Phantom Black - Track/touring pack w/ LSD, BWR Supercharger, Volk CE28N matte black wheels, yellow calipers, green filter, Larini SS Exhaust, BOE Surge Tank, CF MotorSports Spoiler, custom splitter, difflow 5 element diffuser

post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 06:37 PM

Just ordered mine!

post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 07:03 PM

I got mine last week and will be installing them tomorrow while I take a break for my SC install until some hardware arrives that I need.

2005 Saffron Yellow Elise // Sport Pack NO touring // Stage 2 Exhaust / bling buttons

SOLD - 05 Starlight Black Biscuit Int // Hard Top // BWR SC // Von Hep Exhaust // Naked rear // Cup Box // Manley Mounts // Rota Wheels W/ Toyo R1R's // ForceFed Carbon Fiber Splitter // Carbon Fiber Engine lid cover // Custom side grills // LidBone // JL Audio VR525-CXi Front and Rear // Micro Mirror // Painted interior bits // Bling Buttons // Darth Holder // STRIPES
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 07:29 PM

What color mounts did you guys receive?

I put mine in a year or so ago and they were red. DocJay just got some and his were black, wonder if there is a difference?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least. Also, I had a car with the innovative 4 mount set and it would make your teeth rattle... probably didn't help that the car had Reverie CF seats w/out padding!

SRA Champion 2011 and 2012.
My first Lotus gave me a track disease. Now working with and racing Porsche's
Rennpart.com
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Where are people buying these from? I type "Many Motor Mounts" into google, and can't seem to find a product specifically by this name.

2009 Saffron Yellow Elise Purist Edition - Unpurified (oem cupholder, leather tunnel cover, and black door panels), Difflow 5 element railer JR, Janspeed Stage II Exhaust, ongoing sound proofing project, kahtec blinking 3rd brake light.
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM

Lotus Elise Exige Engine Mount Inserts

No difference noted between the black and red.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE51 View Post

I put mine in a year or so ago and they were red. DocJay just got some and his were black, wonder if there is a difference?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least.
I'm hoping mine settle in...been installed for about 50 miles. The vibes are almost more than I can handle. Even the rear view mirror shakes to the point it's hard to see clearly. It's also still cold here in Ohio so that may add to the stiffness. Has anyone tried using only one set on front or rear?

BTW the different colors are purely aesthetic.
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 12:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'm hoping mine settle in...been installed for about 50 miles. The vibes are almost more than I can handle. Even the rear view mirror shakes to the point it's hard to see clearly. It's also still cold here in Ohio so that may add to the stiffness. Has anyone tried using only one set on front or rear?
I've had mine in for awhile, barely even notice them now. Outside air temp may have an effect, especially if it's particularly cold out.

You may want to double-check your install, that sounds like too much vibration. I wouldn't recommend only one, as you'll have one mount "stiff" and the other sloppy which could lead to odd movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE51 View Post
What color mounts did you guys receive?

Also note that they might vibrate more during the first 100 miles or so and then they seemed to settle in. Mine felt this way at least. Also, I had a car with the innovative 4 mount set and it would make your teeth rattle... probably didn't help that the car had Reverie CF seats w/out padding!
I chose the red back when I ordered, there is no difference. The Innovative mounts do have a difference with each color, however.

07 Magnetic Blue Exige S
"Mostly though, it's just a triumph of British engineering." -Jeremy Clarkson
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Know View Post
You may want to double-check your install, that sounds like too much vibration.
I have the car torn down now for BOE 310 install, and all looks well with them. Double-checked torques too...they are as easy as it gets to install. Got to believe the 30-40F ambient isn't helping, so going to leave them on until summer anyway.
post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-21-2011, 05:28 AM

I ordered the red ones there was a choice of red or black but no different.

2005 Saffron Yellow Elise // Sport Pack NO touring // Stage 2 Exhaust / bling buttons

SOLD - 05 Starlight Black Biscuit Int // Hard Top // BWR SC // Von Hep Exhaust // Naked rear // Cup Box // Manley Mounts // Rota Wheels W/ Toyo R1R's // ForceFed Carbon Fiber Splitter // Carbon Fiber Engine lid cover // Custom side grills // LidBone // JL Audio VR525-CXi Front and Rear // Micro Mirror // Painted interior bits // Bling Buttons // Darth Holder // STRIPES
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:08 PM

How long did it take you guys to install these? Are we talking an hour or 4-5?

07 Porsche 911 GT3
10 BMW M3
03 BMW 330i ZHP
06 Canyon Red Elise- Katana SC (sold)
06 LRG Elise- (sold)
post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Garage
Probably 1 - 2 hours. Check the link above for the install instructions, and it depends on how mechanically inclined you are.

07 Magnetic Blue Exige S
"Mostly though, it's just a triumph of British engineering." -Jeremy Clarkson
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-26-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakaone View Post
Just ordered mine!
Have you received yours, yet?
I ordered one a few days ago but nothing, yet. No communication from the seller.

Update: Just got a confirmation from the seller.
"Yes payment was recieved. Your package will go out either monday or tuesday at the latest. I will email you shipping confirmation once they are shipped. Thank you
Manly"

Last edited by chilelise; 02-26-2011 at 03:48 PM.
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-02-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilelise View Post
Have you received yours, yet?
I ordered one a few days ago but nothing, yet. No communication from the seller.

Update: Just got a confirmation from the seller.
"Yes payment was recieved. Your package will go out either monday or tuesday at the latest. I will email you shipping confirmation once they are shipped. Thank you
Manly"
Did you order through the site? Can you send me his contact info?

07 Porsche 911 GT3
10 BMW M3
03 BMW 330i ZHP
06 Canyon Red Elise- Katana SC (sold)
06 LRG Elise- (sold)
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 12:18 AM

I ordered through Lotus Elise Exige Engine Mount Inserts
I also received Paypal shipping notification yesterday. I should be getting mine by Friday.
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:36 AM
UK Exile

Is there any difference between what Sector111 is offering and the Manly inserts?
Looks like the ones on Sectors site are a tad bit cheaper.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 AM

Same question as above.
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 08:23 AM

it took me around 3 hours from starting the car to rolling it off the ramps IIRC. It is pretty easy but some of the bolts are a bit difficult to get to. I used a tiny bit of olive oil to help press in the inserts.

please remember to be carefull as you are blind threading a steel bolt into a relatively soft aluminum piece. I had to do quite a bit of "jiggling" to get everything right.

The vibration isnt that bad, except it is very noticable when pulling away from a stop. The increased vibration excites some of the natural rattles in a lotus.

Seriously, my car is small
07 Exige-S, "Landshark"
05 Saffron Yellow "bumbleBee", on to a new owner
Also:
84 930 turbo, 06 WRX Wagon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in