Installed sportINSERTS! - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:30 AM

I just bought a rear insert kit, so thanks for the update. Did you have any issues getting the mount back into the bracket after pressing in the rear inserts?

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 11:48 AM
V EQLS IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TachItUp View Post
Did you have any issues getting the mount back into the bracket after pressing in the rear inserts?
I'm interested as well - I have yet to run into anyone that had the crazy squishing that I had from the earlier post on page 1:
http://i.imgur.com/oG3CJaj.png

I contacted Powerflex to see if they had any thoughts but they never got back to me, so i'm running just the front insert which is not exactly ideal

2006 Mag Blue/Biscuit Elise, Touring+Sport
2015 BMW X1
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-20-2015, 07:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by afex View Post
I'm interested as well - I have yet to run into anyone that had the crazy squishing that I had from the earlier post on page 1:
http://i.imgur.com/oG3CJaj.png
(
nearly 4 years later my rear insert flairs out similar to yours Kris... kinda always has, but nothing severe enough to negatively effect the advantages (suppose i'm curious as to how the rear 'manly' inserts seat compared to the 'powerflex')

over that span I haven't really notice a difference in vibrations/cabin noise, but it certainly has crispened up the shifting (by obvious design)

'05 ST Elise: DHP exhaust, Quantum Zero's, Forge MS radiator, s111 v3 eliminator, s111 DSbrace, ce28n, ic7 dash...

Last edited by driftwood; 05-20-2015 at 07:53 AM.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 03:11 PM
afm

Noticed both the vibration and the drastically improved shift accuracy after adding SportInserts.

(Both are positive qualities in my mind)

2007 Storm Ti Elise, Cup wheels, REV300
1992 Miata, gutted, Tillett seats
2007 Volvo V70R
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 01:59 PM

was looking at these, seems like a bargain for $50. How difficult is the install? can it be done DIY with a floor jack and hand tools?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
was looking at these, seems like a bargain for $50. How difficult is the install? can it be done DIY with a floor jack and hand tools?
Yes, you can but it easier with a lift. I would say someone with average mechanical skills can do the job.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
Yes, you can but it easier with a lift. I would say someone with average mechanical skills can do the job.
Can you post instructions? Ty
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 06:36 PM

Hi all - quick question on this job...re the rear mount inserts.

Im struggling to get the main 17mm bolt free, despite the nit on other side being removed. The mount itself is entirely off the subframe and its loose as youd expect. Have tried heat, penetrating fluid etc.

Anyone else have this problem & if so what was done to overcome?
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 05:29 PM

Hopefully you already figured this out but just in case... I just hammered the main bolt out (used a flat punch to drive it out of the hole). I did it with everything connected to the car. If you already have the whole thing out of the car, try putting it in a vice and just hammering it out. I just took mine off today for a clutch change, the bolts have been in there since about 2014. No problem getting them out, just tapped them with a hammer.

'06 Exige Chrome Orange | NA | Touring | Traction Control | Cup Air Box | FastWorks Torque 200 | PPE Headers | PPE Cat Delete | LBH Racing Raptor Exhaust | Engine Mount Inserts | Penske DA with 600/800 springs | BOE Toe-links | Shaved Steering Arms | Sector 111 Harness Bar | Schroth Harnesses | Shifter Reinforced | DBW Pedals | DIY Clutch Stop | Team Dynamics 1.2's | Sector 111 Ultradisks | BOE TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | Radium Coolant Expansion Tank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in