Nothing like “Limping” into work 😩 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Nothing like “Limping” into work 😩

Had been sidelined with surgery so she wasn’t driven ... then she stayed in garage a bit longer because of road work on my AM route to work — so, dead battery 🙄🤦‍♀️. The battery was subsequently charged (my husband may have removed it and taken it up the road) and she started without a problem and was working fine — until 20 mins into my drive ... then she went into limp mode and the engine light came on. She rested for a bit (30 mins in the parking lot) then started and drove without a problem (only had to drive for a couple more minutes) ... The engine light remains on, but no more limp mode. Is limp mode coming back until I get engine light reprogrammed? Or am I good to go and just need to ignore the engine light? (Based on my reading suspect VIN and ECU may no longer be “paired up”)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:37 PM

The engine light (MIL) comes on when there is a fault. If it stays on steady, the car can be conservatively be driven. If the light is flashing, the car should not be driven as it may be caused by an engine misfire and cause additional damage. Either way, the best thing to do is to see if a code has been stored. This will give you a better idea of what may have happened. A random issue may self reset/clear the MIL after several key cycles where no further issues are found. But, it depends on the cause of the MIL. You may or may not see limp mode again, depending on the fault (Once again reading the codes may help. Some members have had success unplugging/re-seating certain connectors based on certain codes).

As far as loss of the VIN based on low/no battery voltage, I have never heard of that on an Evora. Only on Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in