OS Giken LSD, Custom tuned 1-way - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By titaniumdave

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

OS Giken LSD, Custom tuned 1-way

Hey all,
I'm an OS Giken dealer, have used them in NSX and Porsche. I'm getting a LSD for my built Elise. I have been talking with the US representative about the correct set up to not create issues with turn in and mid corner, still have good lock up and control on acceleration. We have decided the best compromise will be to do a 1-way set up that has no locking under deceleration. This will be a great set up for track use and be loose enough for autocross as well. There will be no real downside for street driven cars as well.

I'm super excited to give it a try. LSD will sell for $1800 if anyone is interested, I'm trying to get 3 of them made at one time to save on shipping cost so let me know if you are interested. Hope to have them done by the end of the month.
forkmeupscotty and ERDoc74 like this.

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Interesting I have 4 NSX owners who want OS Giken LSD and no Lotus owners...different market I guess. I will get the one for my car ordered this week...

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 09:17 AM

I think it's only going to be from owners with a mod list like yours. Many owners here don't track or really push the cars.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

What is nice about the OS Giken with a 1-way set up is it acts like an open differential on turn in, only acts like a locker under power when the clutch plate lock up under torque. Really the best of both worlds for low or high HP cars.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 03:30 PM

Garage
I would be interested in this in the next year or so.. but just not "right now" due to new house/ex-wife/life...

2006 Graphite Grey Lotus Elise: BOE Fully built Long Rod Race motor with Solid Ferrea rockers, REV400 SC, Custom mounted BOE Front HEX.. Penske SA's , BOE CF Rear clam, Exige front clam + LOTS of other mods
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 05:23 PM

This article was helpful when I was researching clutched diffs for my previous S2000 build: MotoIQ - Tuning a Limited Slip Differential.

I ended up going with a 1.1 way spec OS Giken and loved it. No corner entrance understeer and a more progressive feel (vs. stock torsen) when powering out at corner exit.

2006 Lotus Elise
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-2017, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

I'm finally getting the LSD put in my trans. I'll post some pics, seems to be going well but I have not set up pre load yet so we will see how that bit goes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in