Remove Transmission 2006 Lotus Elise - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsparv View Post
hmm, I can't seem to find anything that says one way or the other for loctite on the clutch cover bolts. I know that it makes a difference for torque (provides some lubrication). I've got the arp bolts that come with MWR's Exedy kit...
I may have obscured my own question by posting right after it... but I'm still looking for advice on this...

2005 Lotus Elise, Starlight Black # 111 SSM NER SCCA Solo - 1835lbs up to 1.65 Lat [email protected]~55mph (asphalt) 193whp 142wtq Normally Aspirated.

http://www.the111shift.com/p/the-build.html

https://www.youtube.com/c/the111shift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-02-2015, 06:15 AM

I use blue locktite on pressure plate bolts. Proper torque is a must.

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
BOE Power
www.jcrtd.com
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 04:52 AM

Hi all, I have a question. No one mentions removing coolant lines but the coolant reservoir is attached to the left motor mount. If you only remove the pin from that mount when you tilt the engine doesn't it pull on all those coolant lines? Just confused why there is no mention of this.
thanks!

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-15-2017, 06:04 AM

You have to remove the bolts holding the coolant mount to the transmission.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-20-2017, 07:08 AM

Ack!!

I thought I tried to get the "removetran2006elise.pdf" file back on the 15th but was not on my computer at the time so I saved the link. I tried it today and its not working. Is that a temp issue or ... anyone have the file so I can save it?

Click links to see my 2008 Lotus Exige-S 240 , '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold) , '05 WRX STI ( sold) homepages or here for my spin compilations (ispunuwin & ispinuwin2!)!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 03:52 PM

MOROSO oil pan not allowing engine to get low enough?

Thanks kfennell. I went ahead and disconnected coolant lines anyway (had to drain coolant when disconnecting turbo anyway. Another nightmare has reared it's head. My car has a Moroso baffled oil pan and I believe it is keeping me from lowering the engine enough to get the trans out. I attached some pictures. You can see the oil pan is hitting the lower control arm (right side) at about the point that the rear of the transmission needs to come forward a bit to clear the frame. (pic attached.) I'm pretty darn sure it's not low enough (the transmission) to be able to pull it off yet unless I only need like an inch and a half clearance on the left side of it to yank it off and drop it down (see third pic.) Has anyone else had this issue? Am I gonna need to take off that darn oil pan? Thanks in advance.
Teague.
Attached Images

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 PM

Garage
Well that's irritating. My BOE TOC pan didn't have this issue thankfully. I'm actually kinda shocked any oil pan is that close to the suspension.

Clearance looks dodgy to me from your photos. It's not enough to barely wiggle it out. you have to have a reasonably straight shot back in to avoid putting torque on the clutch plate.

2005 Lotus Elise, Starlight Black # 111 SSM NER SCCA Solo - 1835lbs up to 1.65 Lat [email protected]~55mph (asphalt) 193whp 142wtq Normally Aspirated.

http://www.the111shift.com/p/the-build.html

https://www.youtube.com/c/the111shift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in