Based on this thread https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25/...fusion-133786/
and using the "cellica" technique of measuring at the valve cap/lifter interface, I took the following readings
Intake Large: .012/.010/.011/.012
Intake Small: .011/.011/.013/.008
Exh Large: .018/018/019/018
Exh Small: .018/.018/.018/.019
The lash was set after the valve seats had been redone (2nd time for this head, once by prev owner of head, once by a machinist when I got it before putting it on). The guy who assembled it and set the lash had difficulty getting as much lash as he wanted and reportedly had the machinist shave one or more shims ... I'm guessing that is the .008...
I know the machinist told us to be on the loose side because the valves might "seat in" but now it's been through 6 auto crosses with multiple trips to the rev limiter, so probably whatever was going to tighten up did.
Given that I see claims some folks have taken to running 011-013 intentionally to avoid cam wipe, the only thing that worries me is the .004 difference between the one pair of intake valves, and I worry slightly about the .019 exhaust valves.
It's kind of a lot of work to re-shim this, and I do have after market cams (piper stage 3) which should be more durable.
What do folks think?
The other vauge worry (unrelated to valve lash) that I have is that the entire timing chain seems to have been re-installed exactly one link off counter clock wise so that the colored links never quite line up with the marks (I used the 0 degree mark/notch and the dots on the sprockets to position the engine for lash measurement, ignoring the links).
Since it's already had close to an hour at speed, I'm pretty sure if there were an actual problem with the chain position, I'd have a bucket of engine parts already, and it probably wouldn't have dynoed/tuned to 195whp (N/A)... That's an even bigger pain to fix, so I hope nobody is going to tell me it's a real problem.
Note: The head actually was installed/removed/reinstalled due to a problem with the installation when the valve lash was set the first installer caused the chain issue, which was pointed out to me by the second installer who fixed the problems with the first install. I only just realized when I opened things up that he kept the chain where it was rather than re-positioning it (I did not specify that, and it seems to have been fine, so I'm not faulting him).