The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Am I crazy?

3K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  btotheje 
#1 ·
I find myself constantly looking at things to buy for my car. From major purchase items like a supercharger or a big brake kit, to a front splitter, mesh grilles/panels, upgrading some of the suspension, replacing worn parts, and trying to get way ahead on maintenance.

It seems never ending and always expensive. I've never thought this way about cars before. Though I admit I just sorta jumped in with two feet and bought my Elise. I'm so used to just doing the required due-diligence on normal wear and tear and that is pretty much it. I never thought about any of this kind of stuff before with my other cars (Honda's mainly)

I could easily put another 10-15k into my car and not even notice... what have I got myself into? Are you guys like this as well?

#29 ·
I always said I would do nothing to my Exige. Just stock. Enjoy.
Now the list of carbon must haves is climbing, as is engine and trans work, lowering etc.
But I still want the factory look.... Right.... Right?!.... Maybe GT3-esque bodywork... Who am I kidding. It's already on the list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.