Anyone here in on this discussion? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Anyone here in on this discussion?

http://www.bizarrecreationsforum.com...pic.php?t=3146

Some of these people seem to know Arnie.

Last edited by Nazz; 03-28-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 06:56 PM

LOL... I added my 2 cents to that there discussion.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Wow. Those guys just don't get it do they? That's one of those discussions that you can't win because nobody is on the same playing field. Comparing an Acura Legends performance to an Elise is just ignorant.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:41 AM

Garage
Its a video game forum. Their experience with cars is mainly limited to their PS2. Not sure what you'd expect?

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 10:23 AM

What video game? I didn't see mention of games there? Then again, I only stuck around long enough to make a passing insult at some guy

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 10:27 AM

PGR1 and PGR2 mean "Project Gotham Racing" (1 and 2) for the X-Box.

It took me a while to figure out that they were talking about video games, and then to figure out exactly which one (since I don't have X-Box)

Steve
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 10:36 AM

Bwahahahahaha !!! How funny!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 11:03 AM

Don't laugh

I've been assuaging myself frequently by taking a Elise (model 72?) or something like that. Around a bit on my sons X-box and playing the crazy detailed/accurate replays! You can move the camera around and get different views. The Elise only comes in black but it gives great angles of the car, very high res'. My sons game is GT 2002 and the attention to detail in these games is amazing! I'm thinking of getting the new version or that Gotham 2, don't know what colors of Elises are available, just that they have them and the Exige. I think Gotham has the 340R as well. It's great to see them in video along side other well known rides, shocking how much smaller than say a CLK Benz!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 11:22 AM

I was laughing more at the fact that the seriousness of the discussion about the Exige in that discussion is just humorous. People talking about how it sucks as a track car, etc., and it winds up that they're discussing its performance in a game! Hillarious.

The really funny part of all that is that many of those people probably base their opinions of the actual car on its performance in the game!

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

I guess I fell for it too. I realized it was a game forum but didn't realize they were discussing it in comparison to the video game. I think some are talking real life, while the others are speaking in game. Definately a bit confusing.

Anyway, as for the game, yes there is an S2 Elise, S1 Exige, 340R and a V8 Esprit. Unfortunately all of which are severely outclassed in the groupings they are in. Still a fun game though. Somehow TVR comes out on top in most of the game. Odd...
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 02:53 AM

Garage
On GT2 I have a 300rwhp miata. I have a 300+ rwhp miata in real life, and let me tell ya, the game isnt anything like real life.

Although I must admit its fun to say I have a car with more hp in real life than the pimp daddy cheat code version of it on GT2.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by OneFastMiata
Although I must admit its fun to say I have a car with more hp in real life than the pimp daddy cheat code version of it on GT2.
You can't drop a V-8 in a miata in GT2

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 10:01 AM

I think that in GT3, you can. There's some cheat code or tool that allows you to mix and match engines, drivetrains, and chassis.

2005 S2000 #42as
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 04:43 PM

Re: Don't laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by mslpilot
I'm thinking of getting the new version or that Gotham 2, don't know what colors of Elises are available, just that they have them and the Exige. I think Gotham has the 340R as well.
I believe Project Gotham Racing has an S1 Exige, S2, and 340R.

A friend of mine has an X-box and one evening sunk damn near 4 hours playing that game.

The handling seemed fairly realistic (for something you can try to emulate with a game controller) though I've never played the legendary GT3 and have limited car video gaming experience, so I don't know what my opinion is worth.

But, Project Gotham does have the Nurburgring which seems pretty darn realistic to me, so I was sold.

I've thought about getting a video gaming system and some cool driving games to help the wait but it seems like a waste of money, and probably more importantly time .

- John
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by transio
You can't drop a V-8 in a miata in GT2
Actually my 400hp miata is the four cylinder, Ive not dyno'd the V8 lately.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by OneFastMiata
On GT2 I have a 300rwhp miata. I have a 300+ rwhp miata in real life, and let me tell ya, the game isnt anything like real life.

Nice cars! I'm a little confused as to all of the Miatas and their specs though. The 400hp car, on the first page it doesn't say anything about nitrous but on the lefthand column it does. Is that the car that used nitrous? How much psi are you running on that car? What trim is the turbo?

Thanks,
Nazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in