Bespoke Titanium Exhaust - Dual Exit - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Bespoke Titanium Exhaust - Dual Exit

Iím so excited to finally be able to share this with the Lotus community. In the spirit of adding lightness, Iíve spent the winter working closely with Millionaire Racing to create a completely bespoke titanium dual exhaust exhaust for the Lotus Elise. This exhaust is currently 1:1, but we always considered it a prototype for a limited run. Iíd love to be the only one to have one of these, but itís so good that they should be on more cars.

The owner of Millionaire Racing has been in aftermarket performance realm for Japanese vehicles for years and heís been creating titanium exhaust systems under the Millionaire Racing brand for Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, etc for a while. He knows this world well and itís his connections that made happen. Huge thanks to him.

I had a couple of very specific requests, but the main ones were that it be bolt-in and that it look beautiful when running the rear panel delete or Euro panel. Iím going to run naked for a while with Gregís Race Parts panel delete kit.

It was installed today, so there are more pics and videos to come. Wait until you hear it. It sounds amazing.

Oh, and the weight? Under 5lbs. (Weight is actually 7lbs. My apologies, an inquiry from another user lead me to revisit the conversion. I hope no one will see this as an attempt to mislead on my part.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by addliteness; 04-16-2019 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Correction for weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:07 PM

Garage
Should I start the group by list?

1. Brandonm84

post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:40 PM
The Enforcer

Why dual with a naked rear? A single would be even lighter. I'm assuming it isn't repackable, and at that weight I have to ask, does it even have muffler packing? I'm guessing "amazing" and under 5 pounds = loud, but I'm sure you'll post a sound clip.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Why dual with a naked rear? A single would be even lighter. I'm assuming it isn't repackable, and at that weight I have to ask, does it even have muffler packing? I'm guessing "amazing" and under 5 pounds = loud, but I'm sure you'll post a sound clip.

San

Thanks for asking, San.

Some of the decisions were driven by what I was looking for and others by what was already on the market.

I like the Euro-look and likely will re-install my Euro panel later in the season. I’m running naked to start with, so I can show a few people how it turned out without having to pull the back end apart.

It certainly could have been lighter with a single, but another vendor already does a single titanium exhaust, so that seemed redundant.

You’re right, it is on the louder side, so maybe not for everyone. It makes some great pops as you come off the gas. This part is tough to quantify, but it the car feels more responsive than before as my previous dual exit was not really designed for my BOE supercharged car.

I will follow- up tomorrow with some videos and more pics.

I’m happy to answer any other questions.

C

Last edited by addliteness; 04-13-2019 at 08:34 PM. Reason: typo changed quantity to quantify
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:50 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by addliteness View Post
Thanks for asking, San.

Some of the decisions were driven by what I was looking for and others by what was already on the market.

I like the Euro-look and likely will re-install my Euro panel later in the season. Iím running naked to start with, so I can show a few people how it turned out without having to pull the back end apart.

It certainly could have been lighter with a single, but another vendor already does a single titanium exhaust, so that seemed redundant.

Youíre right, it is on the louder side, so maybe not for everyone. It makes some great pops as you come off the gas. This part is tough to quantity, but it the car feels more responsive than before as my previous dual exit was not really designed for my BOE supercharged car.

I will follow- up tomorrow with some videos and more pics.

Iím happy to answer any other questions.

C

Thanks for answering. Definitely a unique exhuast.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:51 PM
KZ3

Garage
1. Brandonm84
2. KZ3

2007 Chrome Orange Elise
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:13 PM

How is the drone at various rpms? I don't mind loud(but not muffler bypass loud), but drone is an absolute deal breaker for me. I might be interested if the price is right.
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

@Varun916 I probably need a bit more time with it to give you a real assessment. At highway speeds in 6th it seemed fine. Maybe a bit more than my Larini at lower constant speeds.

C
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
@Varun916 I probably need a bit more time with it to give you a real assessment. At highway speeds in 6th it seemed fine. Maybe a bit more than my Larini at lower constant speeds.

C
Cool! Looking forward to hearing more, I also have the Larini twin tip. Love that look but I'll be supercharging my car shortly so will need something new :-)
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:45 PM

Garage

Just drove my car to BOE for my rev400 install with dual straight pipes and need to tone it down. This seems perfect. Looking forward to the sound clips.

addliteness likes this.

Last edited by Brandonm84; 04-14-2019 at 07:16 AM.
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

I was running the Larini and my car is supercharged. Not ideal, I know. This immediately feels more responsive, freer revving, but I'll admit that's pure seat of the pants. I don't how one would measure that.

C
Varun916 likes this.
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 PM

Addliteness, thank you for sharing this new product with the community. This give us owners more choices. I assume this would also fit the 06 NA Exige. So Iím also interested but need to know how much this will cost.

I think the single tip would not look as beautiful and elegant as this one.
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 11:41 PM

Wow! Looking forward to installed pics and sound clip. How much would be the cost for this if we had a group buy? And is this for NA or supercharged setup? Definitely interested. Thanks for sharing.

Gabe

2002 Honda S2000 - RIP MAY 2012
2005 Lotus Elise Sport and Touring Package - Weekend Warrior
2015 NX200T F-Sport - DD and Winter Beater
2006 Hummer H3 - The wife's

Last edited by NoRawkus305; 04-13-2019 at 11:47 PM.
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRawkus305 View Post
Wow! Looking forward to installed pics and sound clip. How much would be the cost for this if we had a group buy? And is this for NA or supercharged setup? Definitely interested. Thanks for sharing.

Gabe

My car is supercharged, so that's what I intended it for. I was running a Larini previously, even though that is not advised. I'm not an expert, but it's my understanding that one of the limitations with other exhausts and supercharging is the impact on muffler packing from the extra heat produced by supercharging on exhaust gas. Basically, the life of the muffler is shortened especially if the car is tracked. I don't think that will be an issue here as these are more resonator style.

Last edited by addliteness; 04-14-2019 at 06:28 AM. Reason: typo, added word gas
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:18 AM

Since intended for SC'ed car and works with Euro rear panels, I'm definitely interested trying to get a few more made
1. Brandonm84
2. KZ3
3. lt1_fd3s

WNC Tour Guide - WNC Drives (click me!)
'93 Vintage Red RX-7 - NA 20B
'06 Chili Red Exige - RIP 2017.12.01
'06 Ardent Red Exige Katana2 - try this again
post #16 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

You were promised video!

This is a cold start right after installation. Sorry for the background noise. It's raining here today, so I'll probably have to wait until next weekend to shoot more.

post #17 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:28 AM

1. Brandonm84
2. KZ3
3. lt1_fd3s
4. Jumpman1975 (contingent on price)
post #18 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Before and after.
Attached Images

post #19 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I was running the Larini and my car is supercharged. Not ideal, I know. This immediately feels more responsive, freer revving, but I'll admit that's pure seat of the pants. I don't how one would measure that.

C
That looks and sounds great! Really dig the "rainbow effect". Curious about your statement on the your previous Larini not being ideal for your SC. I have been running their Clubsport single tip above diffuser exhaust (and decat) for years and no issues. It was touted as being a good exhaust for SCed cars or are you just speaking to the twin tip Larini?

2005 Elise- Katana II S/C with other fun bits
2011 Evora NA - Daily Driver
2014 Acura MDX aka The Family Wagon
post #20 of 66 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Before installation. Comparison with stock exhaust.
Attached Images

SS Lotus Elise likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in