BOE Clam Hinge install - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 AM

I was wondering about the exhaust part. I have stock style exhaust, I don't know if the restriction is the size of the muffler or the actual routing of the piping. Can anyone chime in on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-16-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost9500 View Post
Anyway you can post couple pictures for me that show the wire pin out on that plug? I recently bought an Elise with a hinge installed by a PO and I'm pretty sure whoever installed the kit mixed a wire or two on the harness plug. When I put the car in reverse, my brake lights come and when I hit the brakes my reverse lights come on. Im hoping thats the issue and if so I can easily fix it.
The wires in the plugs are color coded. There are red/black and brown/black wires that look almost the same. They are easy to unpin from the plugs if you follow the BOE instructions.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jvbljatje9...stall.pdf?dl=0

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:07 PM

I just had the second Odyssey 625 battery die on me, this time with a battery tender on it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another battery option that fits into the tiny hole I now have for a battery to live in? Pretty frustrated since it is a total pain to pull the battery out with a heat exchanger sitting in my right fender.

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks

post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:37 PM

BOE Clam Hinge install

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumdave View Post
I just had the second Odyssey 625 battery die on me, this time with a battery tender on it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another battery option that fits into the tiny hole I now have for a battery to live in? Pretty frustrated since it is a total pain to pull the battery out with a heat exchanger sitting in my right fender.

I feel your pain. My 1st odyssey on a tender didn’t last much longer than my battery mart “cheap” AGM without a tender that went dead a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2005 Magnetic Blue Elise - "the Lotus" (original I know)
1999 Jeep Wrangler
2013 335 M sport.
If you dont GET it after you drive it, then you dont GET it - serpent
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 06:45 PM

Found a Shorai LFX27L3-BS12 that fits, actually smaller and more cranking power...I'll post if it works.

post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-11-2017, 01:54 PM

Shorai LFX27L3-BS12 works great, it's even smaller and easier to thread into the battery tray. Bought the specail charger/conditioner so it gets the charging love it needs and hopefully will last longer than the 3 months I got out of the last 2 Odysseys...

I put a switch and jumper posts in the trunk too, will post pics later.

post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumdave View Post
I have 10 vehicles. I've had two Odyssey batteries that lasted 8+ years and two that didn't last a year. The PC625 couldn't be warrantied (after two months!) because the company won't accept a battery showing less than 9 volts. Also, my Deltran Battery Tender Jr (7 amps) is not on their charger list, but works fine with all the other AGM batteries I've charged with it (including Odyssey batteries for years). Basically, the warranty is useless. I had that battery on the tender from day 1 until it got so hot that I was afraid that my car would burn up.

I no longer buy Odyssey because there are other options out there. The last two larger batteries I bought were SuperStart Platinum AGM and they have been working out great. I have several years on one and probably 2 years on the other.

The current Elise battery is a tiny -powersports battery that has better specs than the 625 and is smaller. I'd rather not say what it is until I have a couple of years on it.
post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 01:55 PM

I bought my battery from Amazon so they honored the warranty after a few long phone calls and lots of bitching on my part. Odyssey IS worthless about their warranty, first year is only through the seller no matter what. For the most part it sounds like the sellers’ hands are tied and they eat the cost on the battery unless they are big like Amazon or Costco. Anyway, I’m done with Odyssey batteries...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in