Cannot program Fobs not matter what - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 04:46 AM Thread Starter

Cannot program Fobs not matter what

I'm a new owner of an 06 Elise and I have the PIN.. I also followed the instructions carefully, multiple times but cannot figure it out.

The previous owner isn't around, so I can't ask him. But the car can be started and unlocked manually with a key only (nothing happens when remotes are used) so I believe he disabled or bypassed the immobilizer.. The car did come with 2 FOBs.. However, I cannot program them at all.

When I follow the procedure to - I hold both fob buttons to get the steady light on the remote.. great.. The problem is - when I turn the ignition on and off 3 times, the tach light stays on. it doesn't turn off. So basically I never get to the point where I can enter a PIN.. 3 key turns and the light just stays lit.

I've searched all over and can't find anyone that has this exact issue.. THanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:20 AM

You seem to be at the same place as this thread...

2005 Elise Remote Lock https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=471972

Mods are good, someone will clean this up, and that thread has more replies
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 05:45 AM

Garage
Yep, that's close to where I am. Only my tach light doesn't come on at all when I do the 3 on/offs. I am going on vacation for the next 5 days so I won't have a chance to look into it more until next weekend. If I find something out I will update my thread that KWin linked to.

2005 Lotus Elise
Salt Lake City, UT

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

OK.. I read up more on this - if the alarm module in the passenger area cubby/airbag area is disconnected in our cases, connecting back will result in flashing tell-tale non-stop, is that correct?

If that's the case, I'd rather lock the car with keys only
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 08:07 AM

Without the immobilizer the car is basically a 73 Chevy theft wise. Power locks are nice, but a [properly] working immobilizer of some sort is IMO necessary
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Agree but with all of the issues immobilizer has been giving people on this site, there is probably a good reason so many disable it and/or the alarm
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by exigegus View Post
Without the immobilizer the car is basically a 73 Chevy theft wise. Power locks are nice, but a [properly] working immobilizer of some sort is IMO necessary
Instead of bypassing the immobilizer you can use a hidden toggle switch to provide peace of mind without having to hassle with the immobilizer and key fob.

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in