Criswell in Maryland Update - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Criswell in Maryland Update

I sent an email to Stephanie over at Criswell in Maryland today. I got a response within 15 minutes. She told me that 15 people had dropped off the list in front of me and that they would be getting a total of 100 cars by the end of the year. I was at 93 on the list, but now I should be at 78. If this proves to be true, then I should be getting my car just when the weather starts to get crappy. Oh well, I will still love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 08:00 AM

Re: Criswell in Maryland Update

Quote:
Originally posted by Odog
She told me ... that they would be getting a total of 100 cars by the end of the year.

that's a lot of cars!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Jon

I'm one of those 15. I was #11.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 10:32 AM

If a year equals from June 04 to June 05,
then I would be more inclined to lean toward a dealer like Criswell 'possibly' getting 100 cars by next June and more like 50 by the end of December.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 10:48 AM
Win

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon

Wow, #11 and you dropped out? Ouch.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgemanron
If a year equals from June 04 to June 05,
then I would be more inclined to lean toward a dealer like Criswell 'possibly' getting 100 cars by next June and more like 50 by the end of December.
Maybe they mean that they will have 100 orders in by then. I don't know. We'll see what happens.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Thank you.

I was number 12, but a couple of people dropped out/delayed in front of me, which moved me to number 9 - I don't know who the other two were, but I get to thank one...

My car is in the first order...

Tim Mullen

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by TimMullen
Thank you.

I was number 12, but a couple of people dropped out/delayed in front of me, which moved me to number 9 - I don't know who the other two were, but I get to thank one...

My car is in the first order...

Tim Mullen
In other words, you did a 'hop-scotch' move. Watch out though. If your foot was on the line when you did it, the rules say you must go back to your original starting point.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 02:39 PM

This is all consistent with what I've been told too... I've moved up the ranking quite nicely and made it into the latest order round of 20 cars... Criswell certainly seem to be playing fair by their list which is to be vigorously applauded!

I'm afraid I suspect that the 100 cars figure is per model year... e.g. about 8 cars per month on average.

Owwwww, I can nearly smell the GRP.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 05:52 PM

I officially put in my order today at Criswell. Graphite Gray ($1200, but worth it to me!), Touring, black interior. Some sort of hard top to follow, maybe the factory top if there aren't any better/cheaper options. Tom Skinner told me that I've gone from the mid-50's to #31 on the order list!!! BTW, Tom has been extremely helpful and courteous.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Wow, that is great news. Seems like more than 15 people dropped off the list. Who knows, maybe I will get the car by the end of summer. Nah!
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by maxxfish
I officially put in my order today at Criswell. Graphite Gray ($1200, but worth it to me!), Touring, black interior. Some sort of hard top to follow, maybe the factory top if there aren't any better/cheaper options. Tom Skinner told me that I've gone from the mid-50's to #31 on the order list!!! BTW, Tom has been extremely helpful and courteous.
I started out at #85 at Criswell and it looks like we're all moving up pretty nicely.

My family is having a tough time figuring out the color choice. My wife doesn't want anything too bright so the kid's favorite (chrome orange) is likely out. I'm contemplating Graphite Gray, Storm Ti or Arctic Silver with a red interior. I'd love to see Graphite Gray in person before I order if possible so if you're willing to show the GG off when you get your car let me know.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:53 PM

Hey Carl,

I'll be tearing up the autocross track the day after the After Sale Service, and you're welcome to check it out and come along for a ride!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

What about me? Can I come for a ride too?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:05 PM

Hey Matt,

Of course you're invited, but you're going to have to sit in the back seat if Carl is in the passenger seat. Umm, wait a minute, that may not work...maybe we'll just have to take turns!

I must admit, two weeks ago, I had decided that I was going to just get my deposit back and keep the MR2 Spyder. But because of all of the cool people and amazing wealth of knowledge on this board, I can't wait for my Elise!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Forum Founder

Garage
Quote:

I must admit, two weeks ago, I had decided that I was going to just get my deposit back and keep the MR2 Spyder. But because of all of the cool people and amazing wealth of knowledge on this board, I can't wait for my Elise!
Exactly why I started the forum. A community and information resource adds a lot to the ownership of the car.

Thanks, now I need to send your quote to Lotus.

#somethingwickedthiswaycomes... the new Origin Noble M and the Origin 7

Zenos E10S for Sale! www.zenosforsale.com

There are some very shady dealers in the Lotus business.

2005 Lotus Elise, 1993 MR2, 1995 MR2, 125cc Shifter Kart, Toniq (in build), 2018 Origin 7 (waiting), 2018 Origin Noble M (waiting)
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey Matt,

Of course you're invited, but you're going to have to sit in the back seat if Carl is in the passenger seat. Umm, wait a minute, that may not work...maybe we'll just have to take turns!
Don't worry, I will just sit on Carl's lap

BTW, I got the order form from Criswell today. I don't know what I am supposed to do with it, but I have it. Just holding it in my hands has gotten me excited ... maybe a little too excited
Attached Images
File Type: pdf lotuseliseorder.pdf (46.2 KB, 237 views)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 08:03 PM

Odog:

You started off at #93 at you have been sent some type of order form? Did this come in the mail to you? Or did you swing by the dealership so that you could fondle something?

Just wondering because I started off ahead of you on the list and I haven't been called or mailed anything. I wasn't worried about it either ... until now.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

I used my good looks and charm to get bumped ahead of you Hans. Actually, I am not sure why they sent the order form to me. Stephanie and I had exchanged a few emails about my place in line and when I would get the car. Then the next day, I get an email with a .pdf of the order form. I am going to write her right now to determine why I got the order form.

If I had to order right now, I am not sure exactly what I would get. If I had to, it would be sport package, nightfall blue, hardtop.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:30 AM

I got sent that order form WEEEEEEEEKS ago when I was up in the high 30's and then again recently when I ordered following all the drop outs... I wouldn't read anything sinister into who gets sent it and when. There is SOOOO little information/literature about the Elise I think Criswell just hand them out to anyone showing an interest as the mood takes them. At least it gives them something to pass to people.

Squeeky wheeel gets fixed sooner and all that - just go squeek at Tom - he'll surely give you one - and probably a bite of his Subway meatball megawich too he's that nice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in