Daily driver questions - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:04 AM

Driving in snow is fun!

I'm pretty sure I've spoiled myself on beater cars by driving my 968 all winter. Looks like I'll have to invest in some snow tires for the Elise next year. Does anyone know what the recommended sizes are for snow tires on the 111R?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-30-2004, 11:35 AM

Thumbs up Re: Daily driver questions

Quote:
Originally posted by bsmesq
I've been lurking since September when I put down a deposit. I've move about 6 slots (to 13) and just placed order. I drive an A6 2.7T. Previously drove TT and 94 RX-7 before that. 94 RX-7 has been my favorite car in 21 years of car ownership (yes, that makes me 37). Wife has a Tahoe which is the family car. I live 2.4 miles from work and put about 6k miles per year on a car. Lotus dealer is about 5 miles from my office. Saw the 111S in a London showroom in November and fell more in love with the Elise. It will, however, be my daily driver and I have some concerns.

1. How does the fiberglass shell stand up to door dings? How do you fix em if you get em? If someone bumps me in his/her car and damages clam, how much will it cost to replace?

2. Soft top. Okay, so it leaks. How much? Where (floor, seats)? How effective is the hardtop against rain?

3. A/C? Is it a Toyota unit? How well does it work? Does the insulation in touring pack in combo with the A/C do an okay job? In Texas, effective A/C is a must in July and August. Can ACP tell us how his has worked this week in the 111R?

4. Wind entry into cabin. My friend's boxster has a lot of backdraft (if that's the right term) even with the back wind shield. My other friend's Z4 is pretty calm. How does the elise compare? I would think the targa-like top makes it pretty effective at wind buffeting?

5. Safety. Am I dead in an SUV collision?

I absolutely love the car, but one starts to second-guess himself when he is going to drop 40 large on a car like this. Wondering if Z4 or Porsche is way to go. How many of you intend to use as daily driver? Do you have same concerns/questions or different ones you want to share?
The composite material used on shell will be more flexible and has strong as steel body.The cost would be equal to steel on replacement,but can be cheaper to repair than steel.
Soft top is normally water proof,but if ingress occures it is normally minute amount 'a' post top corner's.The h/top is 100% .Wind entry into vehicle -buffeting is very good,no variation 80mph to max speed.
A composite bodied vehicle is capable of taking same impacts as steel.but more flexible(the crush factor).
Touring pack works well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in