Do you think we really ordered or did we take a survey? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
View Poll Results: So are all the orders real or are they mostly for informational purposes?
I know that the orders are for the actual cars and not for informational purposes. 8 19.05%
I hope that the orders are for the actual cars and not for informational purposes. 16 38.10%
I think for the most part Lotus was just really taking a survey. 4 9.52%
I think they took my order so they could add my name to the No Elise For You list. 1 2.38%
MAKE IT STOP!!! MAKE IT STOP!!! 13 30.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Do you think we really ordered or did we take a survey?

With the new information about allocations and time frame Im starting to wonder if any of us have really ordered or if we took a survey disguised as an order. Maybe if you're fairly early on the list your order was taken for a valid reason but what about those in the 20 30 range?
This is purely speculation but what do the rest of you think. Are these really orders or is it a survay to find out what options are most popular?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 01:40 PM

survey
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 02:25 PM

survey that made our deposits nonrefundable.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 02:29 PM

I think I dodged the survey just in time !!! hehe

Who cares, though? You'll still get your car as you "surveyed" it

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 02:50 PM

Re: Do you think we really ordered or did we take a survey?

Quote:
Originally posted by Derek
With the new information about allocations and time frame I?m starting to wonder if any of us have really ordered or if we took a survey disguised as an order. Maybe if you're fairly early on the list your order was taken for a valid reason but what about those in the 20 ? 30 range?
This is purely speculation but what do the rest of you think. Are these really orders or is it a survay to find out what options are most popular?
Dimmit, the 4th largest, says they will be getting 30 by Sept and 35 more by Jan.. That seems to translate to about 100 for a
'12 month' year. Keep in mind they have 200 + orders and what seems to be a two year backlogue. I think Lotus will treat the small 'booking' dealers the same way. Let's say they have 50 orders. Maybe they will get 18 by Jan. and 25 for the 12 months, keeping them in the two year backlogue state as well.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Do you think we really ordered or did we take a survey?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridgemanron
Dimmit, the 4th largest, says they will be getting 30 by Sept and 35 more by Jan.. That seems to translate to about 100 for a
'12 month' year. Keep in mind they have 200 + orders and what seems to be a two year backlogue. I think Lotus will treat the small 'booking' dealers the same way. Let's say they have 50 orders. Maybe they will get 18 by Jan. and 25 for the 12 months, keeping them in the two year backlogue state as well.
I doubt if Lotus has any idea how many bookings each dealership has, nor do they care.

Esprit sales is the main factor
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 04:44 PM

I think LCU and Lotus UK have a good feel for how many deposit each dealer has.

The first ten cars for each dealer at least were official order, I imagine the second 20 were as well.

Remember as has been stated before, I suspect they'll have several months production mapped out before the first car leaves the line.

Every indication I have is that all is and has been going according to schedule. Lotus anticipated a ramping up with initial production at 3 or so cars per dealer until they got into full production. Makes sense to do it that way, easier to tweek the production line that way. Probably a couple months to get to full production and of course the plan is around 2300 cars the first year.

Remember also, first and foremost they have to build the cars for the dealer/press launch and then the 40 odd demo cars BEFORE they even turn a wrench on customer cars.

Unfortunately, I think some of the dealers were overstating delivery numbers (not necessarily intentionally) which gave everyone the idea that the cars would be coming in at a much faster pace.

Chris
Hell guys, I've been waitin over two years now, patience patience grasshopper!

Chris
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 05:11 PM

Garage
I wanted to change my order yesterday and was told it was too late. Why would they just tell me its too late for the fun of it. Im certain that the orders are in.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 06:02 PM

Kind of like the tail wagging the dog!
Tony Shute, interviewed at the LA Show,
and appearing in the Feb. issue of EVO.
makes the following statement: ' You have to show commitment to the market before the dealers will take you seriously. Each dealer expects at least 100 cars a year from you and they need to be convinced that there are more models on the way'. My question is, why make statements like this when you know they
are going to anger dealers once they know Lotus is going in a different direction than what you state, after getting them all hopped-up, as well as customers.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:15 PM

Order or Survey???

YES!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:50 AM

What OneFast said.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 10:20 AM
Win

The answer depends what number you are in line.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:00 AM

I agree with Ivan1. A survey for folks out more than 20 spots, which also made the refunds of deposits impossible.

Jer
2006 Elise
2014 RAM 3500 DIESEL 4 X 4
2013 Jeep wrangler
1996 Miata race car
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

That's funny... MAKE IT STOP is the second most popular answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in