Driving the track car to and from the track - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 08:02 AM

Someone here had installed a keyed airbag switch. The Dorman one
https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-67299-924-901.aspx
Is most likely fine. No affiliation with Dorman

Most of the time, in an accident. Head trauma is a result of side to side. Hitting passenger or window.
Is it true (who here has experience) that, it is just that easy to have front or rear impacts in the elise. I know sports cars are little, and easily lost in blind spots or tall trucks etc. Are there stats out there which show % of front to rear, or side to side in an elise.
Most accidents I see are side to side. But, I live in the mountains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Lotus Elise View Post
I would worry about putting it on a u-haul trailer. I saw a really nice BMW lose its front end backing off of a u-haul trailer and the Lotus is probably lower than it was. Better to have a completely flat trailer. Plus there is that saying that you are 2 seconds faster on track if you have a trailer.
I've put my Exige on a u-haul trailer for going to the track. You need an extra set of ramps decrease the angle. And I did have to take the roof off too though... once the car is on the trailer... the wheel arches of the trailer are too high to open the car doors. So I had to climb out and then put the roof back on. The u-haul style trailer is not the best option, but after learning those 2 tricks, it's ok.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:47 PM

For the past 5 years, i’ve been running a couple Tillet B5s with a Schroth 6pt. ASM harnesses held in by the sector 111 floor brackets and a Simply Sports (australian) harness bar. it was the ‘best’ combination i could come up with.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 10:47 AM

I have 4 point ASM harness and the factory 3 points. Airbag in place. I'm like OP, only drive it on street to go to/from the track. I run 3 point on street. On track, the 4 points hold me tight but act like a 3point and utilize the airbag in case of a big off.

08 S240
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWin View Post
Inokenetic makes bolts that allow mounting both the harness and 3 point belt to the seat. I use that, I wouldn't want to drive in a harness on the street or in a hans in the street.
I'm also more 60-40 track street.
I have the same and I highly recommend it. I drove to the track for years and was always happy to have both options.

The hardest part for me and Im sure you too pretty soon, was when I started to bring spare tires... I made friends with people that had trailers and Id repay them for helping me haul my tires by buying their dinner or drinks one of the nights at the event.

'07 Lotus Exige S (chrome orange)
'04 Cadillac CTS-V (black)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in