534Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1621 of 1635 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 12:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nak4mura View Post
It was updating for 3 hours when it lost wifi connection to the app then shut off and now wont come on at all...............
Had a similar thing happen. Try leaving it for a couple of hours (overnight) until it really powers down internally, as just turning the key off doesn't shut the dash down completely.

Cheers.
Swapped back to my old dash then read this post 2 days later and so I swapped back to the garw and it worked! Also shows the update is complete! Thank you!

Now my problem is that it still is having issues with not always coming on. I know it needs 12 volts to power on so I thought maybe my battery is getting worn out (doesnt make complete sense though because I can turn the key back off and wait 5 minutes try again and it will work?) Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1635 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Swapped back to my old dash then read this post 2 days later and so I swapped back to the garw and it worked! Also shows the update is complete! Thank you!
Glad I could help. It freaked me at at the time as well.
Quote:
I know it needs 12 volts to power on
I sometimes (inadvertently) let my battery drop too low for the car to start, below 12v, but the dash still lights up and shows an 11.something voltage.

Cheers.

2007 Exige S. Phantom Black/Black. KoldFire 270 SC.
1993 3000GT VR4. Green, not quite BRG, but close.
1988 Fiero GT. Red. RIP.
post #1623 of 1635 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:15 PM

Garage
Interesting mine is the opposite hasn't had any issues starting the car just no LCD light up (with the exception of the red lights on the side). So must not be the battery

post #1624 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Just a heads up - the garw web site is now accepting preorders for shipment in November. Just ordered mine.
post #1625 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 03:41 AM

Garage
I just ordered mine

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
post #1626 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:24 AM

So, I have most of the dash working successfully. I have Oil Temp and PSI working. I also have the AFR working as one of the analog inputs. I was successful getting the backup camera to work and automatically display when shifting to reverse.

Now for the interesting problems. When shifting from reverse and back to first, the display switches from the camera to the first display in the list. It does not remember which display was active before switching to the backup camera. So, the quick fix is to make the first display in the list your favorite display.

Another interesting problem is that when I reach around 105 MPH or more, the display resets itself over and over until the speed drops below 105 MPH. I though that this might have been a bad connection being vibrated but it makes no difference whether the car is in 4th or 5th gear when this happens.

Now, for the most annoying problem. When turning the car off, the dash does not always shutdown correctly. When it gets in to this mode, the dash will drain the battery overnight. So, I have to disconnect the battery to make sure the battery does not go dead. Now, I do have one of the small batteries since it was relocated for the clam hinge. If you had a standard battery, it might last a couple of days but the little battery will not make it overnight.

Later,
Eldon
post #1627 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:37 AM

Hi Eldonz,
Could you please let us know how do you configured and connected the camera?
Thanks for your help and please forgive my poor english
post #1628 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polluce76 View Post
Hi Eldonz,
Could you please let us know how do you configured and connected the camera?
Thanks for your help and please forgive my poor english
Go back and start reading @ DarkSol's post: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/5943174-post1549.html

Good luck,
Eldon
post #1629 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 07:42 AM

Ups, missed the post 😊
Thanks a lot!!!
post #1630 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 08:02 AM

Garage
Just ordered mine

'05 Lotus Elise Magnetic Blue
'02 Toyota MR-2 Spyder
'17 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF
'19 Acura RDX A-Specs
'09 Mini Cooper S

Tech Library!
http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Category:S2
post #1631 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 05:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonz View Post
So, I have most of the dash working successfully. I have Oil Temp and PSI working. I also have the AFR working as one of the analog inputs. I was successful getting the backup camera to work and automatically display when shifting to reverse.

Now for the interesting problems. When shifting from reverse and back to first, the display switches from the camera to the first display in the list. It does not remember which display was active before switching to the backup camera. So, the quick fix is to make the first display in the list your favorite display.

Another interesting problem is that when I reach around 105 MPH or more, the display resets itself over and over until the speed drops below 105 MPH. I though that this might have been a bad connection being vibrated but it makes no difference whether the car is in 4th or 5th gear when this happens.

Now, for the most annoying problem. When turning the car off, the dash does not always shutdown correctly. When it gets in to this mode, the dash will drain the battery overnight. So, I have to disconnect the battery to make sure the battery does not go dead. Now, I do have one of the small batteries since it was relocated for the clam hinge. If you had a standard battery, it might last a couple of days but the little battery will not make it overnight.

Later,
Eldon
Sounds a lot like a bad door sense wire to me. @ 105 I have no issue, guessing it is a vibration issue or something making the dash check think the door is being opened and closed. Then not always knowning when the door is used so staying in operation. None of it really makes sense but that is where I would start.

Solar Yellow 07 (225 whp)
Katana 2 SC
Sector 111 Pro rad radiator
Larini SE Exhaust and Lotus Euro Grills
alarm mod ( 80 feet )
all recalls complete.
upgraded front speakers to 5.25, back to 6.5 added a 12 inch sub
AikShii's Glove box.
Nexus gen 2 custom made radio Bessel.
Garw.co Dash.
post #1632 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulao View Post
Sounds a lot like a bad door sense wire to me. @ 105 I have no issue, guessing it is a vibration issue or something making the dash check think the door is being opened and closed. Then not always knowning when the door is used so staying in operation. None of it really makes sense but that is where I would start.
Actually, I have the driver's door sensor jumpered because I broke it while pulling wires up that tunnel. I just have not got around to ordering a new one to fix it. As I have mentioned before, the battery voltage screen will stay on sometimes and other times it will not display when you turn the car off. Sometimes, the three red lights down the right side of the screen will stay on and other times they will turn themselves off. Since all of this is happening without any vibration in the car, it's hard to say that it is a bad connection but I'm not ruling it out. Would just like to determine which connections are possibly bad.

Later,
Eldon
post #1633 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 04:17 PM

Don't do it!

Quote:
ont do it. Mine had been overall great but I saw some cool stuff others had posted and I was experiencing occasional issue of it not coming on that seemed to be getting more frequent so I decided to update. It was updating for 3 hours when it lost wifi connection to the app then shut off and now wont come on at all...............
Terrible timing for me to be dealing with this too. I should have just left it alone
Thanks so much for your post! I have had zero issues with my dash, even from the first. Sure, some of the upgrades look tempting, but I think I'm going into the "If it works, don't fix it!" mode.

Hope you get yours sorted out.

2006 Elise, Graphite Grey/Red leather, Sport Elise Suspension, Cup airbox, ECU ref lash, MonoBalls, etc. etc.
1992 900SS Ducati Race Spec Built by Ferracci
2006 KTM 950 SuperMoto, a work in progress

Old stuff gone: Ferrari 275GTB/4, '69 1275 Cooper S. '72 500 Fiat, old Jags, etc. Never bought a boring car.
post #1634 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldonz View Post
Actually, I have the driver's door sensor jumpered because I broke it while pulling wires up that tunnel. I just have not got around to ordering a new one to fix it. As I have mentioned before, the battery voltage screen will stay on sometimes and other times it will not display when you turn the car off. Sometimes, the three red lights down the right side of the screen will stay on and other times they will turn themselves off. Since all of this is happening without any vibration in the car, it's hard to say that it is a bad connection but I'm not ruling it out. Would just like to determine which connections are possibly bad.

Later,
Eldon

I have a similar issue. Mine doesn't shut down at all when the car is off, battery voltage screen stays on and battery drains real quick so I have to use a battery kill with to shut down. I have noticed that my interior light doesn't come on when the ignition is off and door open. And if I hit the hazard lights with the ignition key off, the interior light flashes with the hazards.
Also when I start the car, most of the time the screen goes blank and then comes back on like 10 seconds later, but on occasion the screen doesn't come back on at all, so I have to shut the car, and flip the battery kill switch on and off to get it to work again. I didn't do the install of the dash, it was in the car when I got it, so not sure where to begin to look

post #1635 of 1635 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieA View Post
Isn't the Vshift parameter supposed to move the whole display up or down to let you position it where "you" can see it.

Cheers.
When I have tired to adjust mine using the V-shift it just moves the bottom line with odometers (and I still can't see them), nothing else. Is it supposed to move the whole screen?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in