Epoxy putty stick to reenforce shifter
When I was doing the Stan's shifter mod, I realized the front of the shifter housing rocked left and right when the shifter is moved.
I added a 3rd bolt to the right and tightened all the bolts, but the shifter housing still rocked a bit.
Then I realized the extrusion piece that serves as the base of the shifter is corrugated, there is very little contact area to the shifter base.
The extrusion piece also flexes up and down a little bit when the shifter goes left and right, all that plus the lack of support in the middle of the housing contribute to the sloppiness.
What I did was to put a layer of JB Weld SteelStik under the shift base.
I put a piece of plastic sheet between the putty and the shifter so they wouldn't stick together. The shifter was bolted down before the putty dried to squeeze out the excess.
For the middle reenforcement, I got a solid 1" x 3" aluminum bar stock.
The shifter iss bolted to the bar stock in 3 places.
The shifter feels quite solid now. The hand brake feels very solid.