The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Fall install of the hard top?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MotoGeek 
#1 ·
So here in the DC area, daily temperatures are no longer climbing much higher than 60 degrees, with overnight in the upper 30s and low 40s. I am thinking it is time to install the hard top, so if I take the car out on the occasional evening, it can be toasty inside. Plus it looks like the Batmobile with the hard top on. Is this a good time?

Also, the tires are AD07s. What is a safe temperature to continue driving on them, say 35 +? I know that anything below around 45, they get pretty cold and things get a bit looser, but I tend to drive cautiously on the street in the fall and winter because of leaves, deer, snow, etc. (Ok, don't drive the Lotus in snow!)

Thanks for ideas... keeping the softtop on is an option too.

#2 ·
When the windchil gets annoying.

If you get the right tools you can have the thing on or off in a few minutes. I got some star bits for a 3/8 inch wrachet from harbor freight. I also have several different socket extensions and swivels to make it pretty easy.

I've put it on in the morning when it's too cold and then gone home (5 mile commute) at lunch when it warmed up and taken it off.

http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-14-and-38-drive-star-bit-set-67914.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.