first batch of storm titanium mixed in USA... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

first batch of storm titanium mixed in USA...

my friend who is as crazy as I am is building a RX7 for SCCA use - saw my color choice for the Elise and went on a hunt for Storm Titanium, we finally got a sample of it when the paint code was released last week, and over the weekend, we did a test shoot... I am looking at our sample right now and am happy to report that there is no brown undertone whatsoever in the color. It is a direct match for what is on the 'Lotus Colour Chart' - It is gorgeous and I am more excited than ever.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 12:46 PM

somewhat odd to read. i am looking at the lotus color chart and the storm titanium looks to me to very obviously have a brown undertone. very subtle, but a brown undertone by my eye

Storm Titanium, LSS, touring, hard top. my other car is a ...oh yeah i remember the other car...a spyder. no, wait. some dumb bitch ran a light and destroyed the spyder. now it is a 4 runner trail edition
club111 member. i tried to buy a lower spot and become member #13 but was spurned!

fun around every turn
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 12:55 PM

Blokes discussing colour.... now that's gonna be a reliable conversation given that 30% of us (me included) are colour blind to some degree. That's why I went for yellow!!!!....

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

errr...

well, call me colorblind, but it looks like grey / titanium to me! Needless to say, whatever you call it, I love it.

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul MD
Blokes discussing colour.... now that's gonna be a reliable conversation given that 30% of us (me included) are colour blind to some degree. That's why I went for yellow!!!!....
It has been quite comical in many threads. The fretting over color like a bunch of old women. None of us can go out and drive or pickup our cars so we obcess over things that normally don't matter a hill of beans to guys. When I buy a performance car I'll take any color they have in stock. Worry about shades and brown undertone is for chicks.

Steve

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sownman
It has been quite comical in many threads. The fretting over color like a bunch of old women. None of us can go out and drive or pickup our cars so we obcess over things that normally don't matter a hill of beans to guys. When I buy a performance car I'll take any color they have in stock. Worry about shades and brown undertone is for chicks.
It was starting to sound a little like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy with all of us guys talking about shades of colors and what color interior matches what color exterior.

We need to talk about important things like is the trunk big enough to hold a case of beer and a couple of pizzas!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul MD
You mean ochre?

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxotic
It was starting to sound a little like Queer Eye for the Straight Guy with all of us guys talking about shades of colors and what color interior matches what color exterior.
Yeah, so I'm a metrosexual... got a problem with that?

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Evl

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxotic

We need to talk about important things like is the trunk big enough to hold a case of beer and a couple of pizzas!
I'm not sure I would put beer back there. Pizza would probably be fine though considering the exhaust manifold proximity probably provides your very own oven.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by transio
Yeah, so I'm a metrosexual... got a problem with that?
Yikes, now am I having flashblacks to Randys post of a guy screwing an exhaust pipe

Those poor lonely Geo Metros have finally found some love, not that there anything wrong with that.
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Evl
I'm not sure I would put beer back there. Pizza would probably be fine though considering the exhaust manifold proximity probably provides your very own oven.
Ah that's a great point ! There was a book out some time ago on using your engine to cook your food (you'd wrap the ingrediants in foil pop them under the hood and take a nice long drive. With the Elise, you can take a trip to the market, stow them in the trunk and by the time you get home your dinner is ready

Covered in Brandy and Lard
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Forum Founder

Garage
Mmm...

Some car mag did a story on that, cooking up a full dinner on an assortment of cars.

I can see it now. An official EliseTalk Drive and Grill, where different Elises get various cuts of meat or some side dishes to cook on the manifold and engine.

A true Meat and Greet event.

#somethingwickedthiswaycomes... the new Origin Noble M and the Origin 7

Zenos E10S for Sale! www.zenosforsale.com

There are some very shady dealers in the Lotus business.

2005 Lotus Elise, 1993 MR2, 1995 MR2, 125cc Shifter Kart, Toniq (in build), 2018 Origin 7 (waiting), 2018 Origin Noble M (waiting)
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:45 PM

I heard that Dominos just bought the entire allocation of Elises and and going to be using them as pizza delivery vechicles.
The engine near the trunk will keep the pizzas warm, and the speed of the Elise will guarantee on time delivery.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

ummm...

feel free to call me a metro for caring about the color - I just thought some on here would find the information useful. Being in the USA, I for one could not drive the car today, but I did have an opportunity to see the color firsthand... big whoop! flame away

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 AM

Re: first batch of storm titanium mixed in USA...

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKCENTER
my friend who is as crazy as I am is building a RX7 for SCCA use - saw my color choice for the Elise and went on a hunt for Storm Titanium, we finally got a sample of it when the paint code was released last week, and over the weekend, we did a test shoot... I am looking at our sample right now and am happy to report that there is no brown undertone whatsoever in the color. It is a direct match for what is on the 'Lotus Colour Chart' - It is gorgeous and I am more excited than ever.
So what is the color code? Share please. Where did you find the code?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sownman

Steve
Your Aubergine Purple car with the pink interior will be a big hit on the manly man circuit.

However, some of us "old women" types do care about color. If the car was free, I would take whatever color was offered. If the car only came in one color, I would take what was offered. But since we are being given a lot of choices, I want to pick the color that I like the most, since I'm shelling out almost $50K and will be looking at it for a long time. When I was poor, I owned some used cars in colors that I didn't like, simply because I got a good deal, and I wasn't happy about it. So color is part of the total package for me, and I want something that will thrill me and not just any old color.

I just hope that my outfits won't clash with the subtle orange undertones of Saffron Yellow!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

But since we are being given a lot of choices, I want to pick the color that I like the most, since I'm shelling out almost $50K and will be looking at it for a long time.

Thank you, well said...

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:02 AM

Re: first batch of storm titanium mixed in USA...

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKCENTER
... we finally got a sample of it when the paint code was released last week...
Forgive my naiveté, but what does it mean for the paint code to be released? Does this mean the paint code was made known to the general public? Does this mean that you were given the paint code? Does this mean that the US Dupont folks now have information corresponding to a specific paint code that they can provide to body shops here for mixing samples?
Background for questions is I was hoping to see first hand what the Olde English White would look like in the (currently unlikely) event it is added as a US color, or replaces an existing color.
Info appreciated,
Larry

My 2 cents on color...
My wife cares passionately about excluding specific colors (red, bordeaux, yellow, orange, purple, nightfall, black) and I really want a light colored interior, because we spend a fair amount of time with relatives in Arizona. My wife also tells me that some of the colors just don't go with biscuit (e.g. arctic silver). Unfortunately I am partially color blind, which means I can see and distinguish colors, but I cannot necessarily recognize complementary colors.
This leaves me with choosing between Magnetic Blue, BRG and ST. Any white variant would be a no-brainer, because that would be the coolest (heat-wise) body color. But since it's not offered "I" am falling into the camp of those guilty of spending much of their spare time worrying about color selection.

4 years and 1 months of ownership and FINALLY (almost) a supercharger... AFT
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 03:16 PM

The COM will be putting these"shoes" on their cars to accessorise

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 04:16 PM

?

errrrr once again, what is the color code?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in