--updated my own questions per Garw.
Ok question 2. Connections? I'm guessing I was not given the wire guide. At least I hope Garw includes this? Looking for info on .
1) what are the 2 usb ports for? One for camera , another for dongle.
2) Where are the camera wires? None use usb.
3) 2s 05 connector has a orange, blue and red wire, what might these be, camera wires?
---found this - "Splice the red, blue, and orange wires from the stock connector into the provided adapter (just match the colors)"
4) The connector with the usb has 17 black wires, any idea what for? Extra advanced features ask Garw.
5) will one of the usb connectors accept a usb cam for RVC? yes
So decided to connect it up anyways to test and the unit does not come on. Tried my old ICP and works fine. Fortunately garw is quick to answer emails. Working with him to resolve this now. -- Looks to be bad.
MY additions would be.
0) Disconnect battery
1) Remove screws from lower steering column cowling
2) Remove upper and lower steering column cowling (the top piece takes work,
3) Remove the binnacle assembly (upper and lower)
4) Remove the 4 screws that hold in the stock gauge cluster assembly
5) Unplug the two wiring clusters from the back of the OEM gauge cluster
6) Remove OEM gauge cluster from assembly / housing
7) [For S2 Toyota only (AFAIK
)] Splice the red, blue, and orange wires from the stock connector into the provided adapter (just match the colors)
8) plug the wire harness supplied with the kit to the back of the new dash. Plug the udb dnlge in to one of the usb cables and a camera to the other is you wish.
9) Reconnect battery and ensure everything is working correctly.
9.1) If you are not getting RPM / speed readings check the red / blue cables you spliced in
9.2) If you are not getting blinkers and other readings, check the orange cable you spliced in
10) Attach the new LCD to the old gauge cluster housing / assembly
11) Reinstall the gauge cluster assembly with your new LCD screen
12) Route the USB cables somewhere accessible (I put mine right under the steering wheel and have flush mount USB ports on this part)
13) Reinstall the upper and lower binnacle assembly
14) Reinstall the upper and lower steering column cowling
15) Set your mileage by going to advanced options on screen 4 then go to screen 9 to input the mileage (in km)
16) You're done