Garw LCD Dash - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:23 AM

1. Camera input

This facility takes a UVC input (USB Video class) which is a standard used for plug and play (no driver needed) USB cameras

In order to use it as a reversing camera a composite video to USB capture device can be used along with a standard reversing camera (like the ones that replace number plate lights)

The video displayed on screen is not reversed and is not required when a reversing camera is used , the demo seen in the video shows the road on the right hand side which is where it is.

This is one of the "beta" features enabled in the dash for users to try and give feedback on how it should evolve,

so far

1. add a function to enable/disable the camera loading on startup (this will add a 5 second delay to the boot time of the dash instead of when the camera screen is triggered)
the delay is only once per boot and not every time the video screen is shown.
2. Map the camera screen to an input , so the reverse switch/lamp can be used to trigger the camera screen

the USB capture devices tested

https://www.febon.net/ better quality not massively , much higher price ,

much cheaper and works fine ,

Wholesale UVC Driver Free One Channel Video Capture Card AV to USB | Aulola UK
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...529906287.html

and tested with this camera

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Rear-Vi...item282d5755b5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garw View Post
1. Camera input
garw:

Will new LCD dashes be available at some point?

Jon
post #63 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 01:48 PM

I am also interested in purchasing a dash.

post #64 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 04:32 PM

Also interested.
post #65 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 03:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
In order to use it as a reversing camera a composite video to USB capture device can be used along with a standard reversing camera (like the ones that replace number plate lights)
Out of curiosity what part reverses the image? The composite device or the camera. Because I have a normal usb camera like this https://www.ebay.com/itm/15M-USB-end...item1a2ef1b7f7
and its reversed.

Quote:
This is one of the "beta" features enabled in the dash for users to try and give feedback on how it should evolve,

Is there a way to get the beta firmware or turn on the beta feature?

Suggestion: If possible, a reverse image feature would save folks a lot of money and/or free up some options.

Also I assume this means you get a dash cam or a reverse cam and not both? Because you would need to somehow select the cam you want for the function you want.

Solar Yellow 07 (225 whp)
Katana 2 SC
Sector 111 Pro rad radiator
Larini SE Exhaust and Lotus Euro Grills
alarm mod ( 80 feet )
all recalls complete.
upgraded front speakers to 5.25, back to 6.5 added a 12 inch sub
AikShii's Glove box.
Nexus gen 2 custom made radio Bessel.
Garw.co Dash.

Last edited by ulao; 10-03-2018 at 08:12 AM.
post #66 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 05:44 AM

I am also intersted!
post #67 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 06:50 AM

On the Garw website "products" page, they now have an option to pre-order for Dec 18 delivery, so they are apparently making another batch of dashes.
post #68 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 AM
Toys Performance

For those of you that have had the screen lock up while driving, how often does it happen? GARW suggested that the unit would have to be returned to solve that issue as it is not a firmware issue.

Fast Toys Performance - FTP
www.fasttoys.net
Toll Free # 877-955-4896
post #69 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:13 AM

Garage
Twice since I had it, I think I had it for almost a year now.

Solar Yellow 07 (225 whp)
Katana 2 SC
Sector 111 Pro rad radiator
Larini SE Exhaust and Lotus Euro Grills
alarm mod ( 80 feet )
all recalls complete.
upgraded front speakers to 5.25, back to 6.5 added a 12 inch sub
AikShii's Glove box.
Nexus gen 2 custom made radio Bessel.
Garw.co Dash.
post #70 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Toys View Post
For those of you that have had the screen lock up while driving, how often does it happen? GARW suggested that the unit would have to be returned to solve that issue as it is not a firmware issue.
I've never had it freeze on me during driving... its only done it 2-3 times during startup & I was able to cycle it out by unplugging the harness or recycling the ignition/switch... I've had mine installed since May & have about 3k worth of miles on the dash.

I've only recently started waiting for after the splash screen loads & the dash comes up before I start the car & haven't had it freeze yet.

I also have been told via GARW support to return the dash for a repair once I store the car for the winter.

'05 ST Elise: DHP exhaust, Quantum Zero's, Forge MS radiator, s111 v3 eliminator, s111 DSbrace, ce28n, ic7 dash...
post #71 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Toys Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
I've never had it freeze on me during driving... its only done it 2-3 times during startup & I was able to cycle it out by unplugging the harness or recycling the ignition/switch... I've had mine installed since May & have about 3k worth of miles on the dash.

I've only recently started waiting for after the splash screen loads & the dash comes up before I start the car & haven't had it freeze yet.

I also have been told via GARW support to return the dash for a repair once I store the car for the winter.
Mine locked up the first 3 times I drove the car within about 10 minutes. Since then, I have driven the car about 12 times with no issues. GARW told me to send it back when I put the car away for the winter as well but it's a pain to remove so I wanted to know the frequency at which other people had this issue.

Has anyone NEVER had the dash lock up?

Fast Toys Performance - FTP
www.fasttoys.net
Toll Free # 877-955-4896
post #72 of 77 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 12:45 PM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Toys View Post
Mine locked up the first 3 times I drove the car within about 10 minutes. Since then, I have driven the car about 12 times with no issues. GARW told me to send it back when I put the car away for the winter as well but it's a pain to remove so I wanted to know the frequency at which other people had this issue.

Has anyone NEVER had the dash lock up?
I have had the dash lock up from a jump start, from a push start and once with the new software version after not waiting for the charge screen to load. I have not had the dash lockup once both it and the car were running. I had one of the first few versions in the US and have only had this issue 3 times, GARW did tell me he was working on a reset feature or similar as the dash does not have one built in once it shuts down independent of the car. I'm not sure if my hardware is exactly the same as the production units that came here so mine could be slightly different.
post #73 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM

I got the dash hooked up and everything is working except the oil pressure anyone have any ideas?
post #74 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo58 View Post
I got the dash hooked up and everything is working except the oil pressure anyone have any ideas?
Going to state the obvious, you have added an aftermarket sensor. Wired to either Analog 7 or 8. Assigned that analog input to the oil pressure channel. Also, you setup the scale for oil pressure sender.

Later,
Eldon
post #75 of 77 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 04:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupo58 View Post
I have to ask, which screen are you looking at that the oil pressure is not working?

I ask this because I have the GARW dash and have aftermarket oil pressure and temp sending units installed and wired up.

I had a problem with the Race screens, they would lock up and freeze and needles would disappear. I conversed with Alec and he eventually worked it out for me.

However, I am still waiting for the fix for the INSTII screen (the Dragon one) because the oil temp/pressure gauges are not working right.

Look forward to your response.

Lee

-----------------------------
2011 Persian Blue Elise RS
post #76 of 77 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:38 AM

I don't know if anybody has answered this yet, but what's the refresh rate on the screen?
post #77 of 77 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Does anyone having problem that when long pressed the Left/Right arrow in the Garw app to enter setting pages, it go directly to page 9 with the red down arrow lit up and prevent using up arrow to navigate to other pages in settings? I can press left/right arrow to select the items on the screen but could not go to other setting pages when using up/down arrow. Looks like down key is stuck. Screen shot attached.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in