How many deposits currently at Overseas Motors Dallas? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

How many deposits currently at Overseas Motors Dallas?

I was wondering if anyone knows the number of deposits at overseas in dallas currently, because they are in the mid 80s at Star Motors Houston and Wally there told me that it would be around 10-12 months from now, which would be perfect, but what everyone says here = No Way Possible, so what should i do to get a car around 12 months from now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 01:33 PM

Considering , that delivery doesn’t start till June, your asking for someone with a 9 month or less backlog. Most of the newer Lotus dealership seem to have shorter list, there generally asking for a mark up as well. Even if you go with a established dealer with a one year list, with people dropping out of moving back, you may end up only waiting the twelve months your after.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 02:05 PM

Overseas Motors

I spoke to Kass at the Dallas Auto show and he mentioned there were about 70-80.

I know a few have dropped off as I was #12 but must have moved up as I placed my order with the first 10 back in early January.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about a new dealer that had only 12-15 on the wait list. It didnt seem he was adding much of a mark up if any. I think the dealer was in CA but I could be wrong...

Cheers
Stephen

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 02:27 PM

Try Lotus of Atlanta. They are around the low 100's for numbers right now. Aparently they are getting a healthy shipment of cars over the next year which would put you in an Elise in about a year. They are selling at MSRP.

2005 Elise Storm TI/Red/Touring/Hard Top/Star Shield

Q: "Does it drive like an normal car?"
A: "NO! It's faster, revs higher, turns tighter, and brakes quicker. Plus it doesn't even start like a normal car."
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:01 PM

WillyB,
Did you make it to the Atlanta show on Sat.? I missed you if you did.
Chris

Chris
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

If Star motors of houston is at 84 or so is it possible if i'm next to get a car in march/april? I'm going to meet wally to test drive and check out the Euro Cobalt blue s2 this week. Has anyone else driven this car. If so what were your opinions?
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 04:44 PM

ulm,
This car maybe some the worse for wear, I drove it when it was brand spankin new last year, but lots and lots of people have driven it since.

It was wonderful when I drove it.
Chris

Chris
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 05:22 AM

i was there tuesday -

it is worse for wear

but it's better than nothing

remember the us car will have better performance & fit/finish than this model,

Robert
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 04:33 PM

Chris,
I was there briefly on Saturday. My wife and I met Chris C. and set in the Elise. It is a beautiful car. I am a bit concerned with the pedal placement. My dad has an Esprit and the pedals are tight on his car, but these seemed even tighter. But my wife loved the car and gave it the thumbs up. We will look forward to test drive one in May as Chris said. He also mentioned that he was counting on delivering the Elise to me before the year was out. I am pretty high up in the numbers (82). I don't know if he was being realistic or optomistic. Sorry I did not see you. We only had an hour to spend at the show, so we imediately went to the exotic section then by the BMW area because my wife wanted to see the X3, then caught a glimpse of the Porsche Carerra GT and Ford GT. The only other car I wanted to see was the Pontiac Solstice, which was not present. I'm sure we will have a chance to hook up again some time soon. Maybe after LCU is setteled into their new space we can ask them to have an open house? You probably have more pull ofer there than I do....

2005 Elise Storm TI/Red/Touring/Hard Top/Star Shield

Q: "Does it drive like an normal car?"
A: "NO! It's faster, revs higher, turns tighter, and brakes quicker. Plus it doesn't even start like a normal car."
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 04:40 PM

WillyB,
The local Lotus Ltd. Southeast often has chapter meetings there. Last one was about month and half ago.

Here's the link for Lotus Southeast in case you don't know about them.

http://www.llse.org/

Chris

Chris
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ulmpharmd
If Star motors of houston is at 84 or so is it possible if i'm next to get a car in march/april? I'm going to meet wally to test drive and check out the Euro Cobalt blue s2 this week. Has anyone else driven this car. If so what were your opinions?
I'm #25 on the list in SLC. They have been told they will recieve cars 1-8 between now and August. I will be shocked if I see my car #25 by next March/April. I'll be surprised at #84 if you get a 2005 model. The time to get a car in the next 12 months was over about 6 months ago.

Steve

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

What about lotus of san antonio, tx. What does anyone know about this place. I talked to a guy named Mike there the other day and he said they were in the mid 30s. He would not, however, match houston and dallas's deposit of $500 instead of 1000.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Zor

You could check out Autostrada in Austin. Last I talked to them (about 2 weeks ago) they said they were hovering around 60.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 09:03 PM

Quote:
What about lotus of san antonio, tx. What does anyone know about this place. I talked to a guy named Mike there the other day and he said they were in the mid 30s. He would not, however, match houston and dallas's deposit of $500 instead of 1000.

If you can get a commitment of MSRP as price and mid 30's as a spot in line and want the car I'd jump at it. Most everybody is paying $1k or more deposits. If a $500 difference in deposit bothers you, I'm not sure the car is at your affordability level.
Most dealers have now ordered cars for spots 1-30 in line. If they are telling you mid 30's you might want to clarify if that means you'll be ordering in the next batch or you're mid 60's in line(#35 after those who've already ordered.

Regards

Steve

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Mike and George Gonzaba are brothers and co-owners of the Lotus/Land Rover Autoplex in San Antonio. I just got off the phone with George and he laughed at the idea that the current list there means mid 30s beyond the previous 30 orders. He assured me while looking at the list before him that the total list is in the 30s. They are the #3 Lotus dealer in the US and if the transaction goes through on an 03 Esprit, they will be #1. He said I could confirm that with Clyde of LCUSA.

Hope this info helps!

Elise #2393 Bordeaux/Biscuit Interior/Touring and Sport Packs/HT/Sport ECU/GPan3/DSBrace/Quantum Black SA Dampers/Lowered, Corner Weighted/Radium Catch Can/HKS Special Edition Exhaust/New "3M" Starshield/WindowTinting. Purchased new 06/01/05.
First in Class 2008 Speed Ventures Lotus Challenge Series, my son as Driver.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Prolene
Mike and George Gonzaba are brothers and co-owners of the Lotus/Land Rover Autoplex in San Antonio. I just got off the phone with George and he laughed at the idea that the current list there means mid 30s beyond the previous 30 orders. He assured me while looking at the list before him that the total list is in the 30s. They are the #3 Lotus dealer in the US and if the transaction goes through on an 03 Esprit, they will be #1. He said I could confirm that with Clyde of LCUSA.

Hope this info helps!
Why does Gonzaba have such a short waiting list if they're one of the top dealers? I got on their waiting list in December at #24 (now #22). I called all the dealers and they had the shortest waiting list by far. Most were around 40-50. The local dealer (Los Gatos) was in the 80's (I think). I assumed they were a smaller dealer that no one knew about.

And how does the San Mateo dealer get off asking $10K over MSRP?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 01:47 PM

saffron- guess you mean the guys at Boardwalk (Redwood City). They started out with a $5k mark up then towards the end moved it to $10k. They only took 25 deposit, thats all they expect per year, so what they miss in volume they make up in price. My question would be how did they get any orders?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by saffron
Why does Gonzaba have such a short waiting list if they're one of the top dealers? I got on their waiting list in December at #24 (now #22). I called all the dealers and they had the shortest waiting list by far. Most were around 40-50. The local dealer (Los Gatos) was in the 80's (I think). I assumed they were a smaller dealer that no one knew about.

I find it very suprising as well. I wish way back when I would have investigated Texas for a dealer. Perhaps the Texas list will grow quicker when the Lotus Pickup is released.

Steve

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-19-2004, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sownman
I find it very suprising as well. I wish way back when I would have investigated Texas for a dealer. Perhaps the Texas list will grow quicker when the Lotus Pickup is released.

Steve
No friggin' way! They're coming out with a pickup based Elise? Damn, I running down to my dealer now! I hope my gun rack fits.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in