How much power from modified 2zz on pump gas - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By fzust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 08:29 AM Thread Starter

How much power from modified 2zz on pump gas

Just curious. Assuming money was no object. Nikasil plated block, ported heads, aggressive cams, forced induction, the whole 9 yards. I hear stroker kits don't make much of a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 AM

For a dyno-queen pull? Street use? Track use?

I am running a built BOE 2ZZ with BOE 400 supercharger, on E85 this set up has posted 389RWHP. On pump gas, it's de-tuned for the street and should be putting out ~320RWHP but I have not verified this since I don't care. For the track I am running 100 octane to control detonation.

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 AM

Garage
BOE will get you over 385 RWHP on 91 oct with the RevX

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Addict

Garage
Not exactly pump gas but here is a compound charged car BOE has a write up on

https://www.boefab.com/blogs/rides/ssm-monster
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 12:13 PM

My car is BOE REV X on pump gas (91) and its 385WHP. With a bigger throttle body and bigger 3" exhaust system it will go to 425BHP or so. (Phil tells me). My car is fly by wire so the throttle body solution is in works. With E85 you get even more a lot more.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 12:21 PM

A dyno plot to drool over.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 12:30 PM

try again
Attached Images

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

I see a few mid to high 300 whp. Anyone in the 4-500whp territory?
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 04:41 PM
The Enforcer

I believe both Phil and Fred are at +400rwhp.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydeacon View Post
try again
Very nice!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPawn View Post
Not exactly pump gas but here is a compound charged car BOE has a write up on

https://www.boefab.com/blogs/rides/ssm-monster
I remember seeing this. The first thing I thought of was Frank Profera
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 AM

I just broke my transmission at 320HP, seems like one needs to upgrade that part if you want to use more power...

2006 Elise with BOE 400 supercharger and some aero mods, CRF floating oversized rotors, MCS single adjust coil overs, CRF exhaust, CRF sway bar w/adjustable link, mono-ball pivots, machined steer arms, baffled oil pan, CRF titanium toe link brace, hardened motor mounts, Ethos wheels w/Yoko slicks
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-13-2017, 10:05 PM

Garage
If money is no object...this could be fun.

But with some insight from Phil and A Lot of guidance from Fred, i am hoping for about 400-450 rwhp with a turbo on 91 octane and more with e85 come spring. However i have quite a bit of engine work done...new pistons, new cams, new valve springs, port/polish head work, new valves, new injectors, fuel rail, fuel system, pump regulator, new ssc ecu, etc...and a BWR trans for strength. However it is on a turbo system.

But Fred and Phil have worked out the REV X and with the right build, you should be in the mid 400s. Good luck on your search/dreams...i am praying mine work out and is reliable when i am done.

2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey - Salvaged title started the SSM build!!!
Maverick ML8 - Other daily
2005 VW Passat Station Wagon TDI (harder to find than the lotus?)
2005 Lotus Elise Starlight Black - Sold
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 04:43 AM
Elise Guru

A built 2zz with the right mods on it with Rev400 can see 320s on 91 piss-tane. Honestly, if you think of the money spent, the miles you will do, 100 Octane starts looking very cheap.... With those numbers our street lotus on crap street tires made an 11.9 1/4 mile pass. That is moving. I think alot of folks get fixated on the numbers. That said, the RevX is a different beast. It needs alot more supporting players such as transmission, clutch, header, intake etc. etc. but it hits like a hammer to the back of the head. Low 400s on crap gas are possible.
darkSol likes this.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2017, 07:15 AM

Garage
My budget is not unlimited, so I elected to skip long rod and solid rocker arms, and focused on reliable power. It still wasn't cheap, but my rev 400 setup put 353 to the wheels on 91 octane. RevX or the right turbo setup and every option, I could see getting into 400s. 500 hp on pump gas with the little 1.8 is going to be a rare thing. If we count e85 as pump gas, maybe. Most people drop compression when they bring the boost, if for no other than reliability. If you really don't care about the money and longevity, maybe e85 could allow crazy timing, high compression, and big boost...

It's plenty fast at 350-400 hp. I think if I ever go crazy like this again, I might go for a torque monster v8 powered car.

Last edited by Parko; 10-14-2017 at 07:35 AM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 06:43 PM

I'm going to rehash this thread. Why no talk of methanol injection?
E85 is inconsistent, but when you make your over 50/50 mix from windshield washer fluid and heet it's very consistent

Depending on how much you're spraying you can get results approaching the benefits of E85.

I would imagine that all you would need to bump some of these full built Rev 400 setups would be adding methanol to get them from mid/high 300s to high 300s/possibly low 400s.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 07:09 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
I'm going to rehash this thread. Why no talk of methanol injection?
E85 is inconsistent, but when you make your over 50/50 mix from windshield washer fluid and heet it's very consistent

Depending on how much you're spraying you can get results approaching the benefits of E85.

I would imagine that all you would need to bump some of these full built Rev 400 setups would be adding methanol to get them from mid/high 300s to high 300s/possibly low 400s.
Just my humble opinion, but methanol injection (while very nice) makes you reliant on it. If it takes a dump, you're up a creek.

The same can be said for a tune that takes advantage of every last bit of headroom on XX octane. If you get a bad tank of gas, you're up a creek.

I installed a knock sensor in my 2002 WRX (sold long ago). With a good tune and octane boost for insurance, I was still closer to the edge than I liked. At the time it was my only vehicle, and a 'family' vehicle at that.

San

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Just my humble opinion, but methanol injection (while very nice) makes you reliant on it. If it takes a dump, you're up a creek.

The same can be said for a tune that takes advantage of every last bit of headroom on XX octane. If you get a bad tank of gas, you're up a creek.

I installed a knock sensor in my 2002 WRX (sold long ago). With a good tune and octane boost for insurance, I was still closer to the edge than I liked. At the time it was my only vehicle, and a 'family' vehicle at that.

San
I don't really understand the fear of methanol on this board. There's many communities where methanol is a pretty well accepted modification. I come from the LS/Corvette world and guys in that community are just as anal retentive and there isn't so much fear mongering.

Obviously it's heavily used in the import community as well. Eliges aren't family vehicles, I keep my Daily driver stock for a reason, but I don't think most on here are using their Eiges to put around town daily
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 08:29 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
I don't really understand the fear of methanol on this board. There's many communities where methanol is a pretty well accepted modification. I come from the LS/Corvette world and guys in that community are just as anal retentive and there isn't so much fear mongering.

Obviously it's heavily used in the import community as well. Eliges aren't family vehicles, I keep my Daily driver stock for a reason, but I don't think most on here are using their Eiges to put around town daily
I don't think that this forum has any more fear than others concerning methanol. I had a C6/C7 and a WRX, so I've seen this from different platform perspectives. I also don't represent this forum with regards to opinions concerning methanol any more than another individual.

I like water/methanol/whatever injection, but it needs to be done right and again, IMHO, can be a single point of failure.

San

post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 11:01 AM
cph

Garage
Recall that several cars in Australia were methanol injected and they were putting out good power.
Unable to recall where I read about it ... maybe the Aussie Elise forum ?
Looks like there are some very good methanol injection kits available now that utilise digital readouts so you can instantly see if there is a problem.
If you were inclined to change ECU .. the Motec M1 has great software for different fuels etc .

2-11 : BOE Built Engine / Rev 400 SC / Quaife Sequential / Dry Sump / Fastworks Tune SOLD
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f16...roject-339234/

ELISE : K20 / TVS 1320 / EP sequential / Dry Sumped / Motec M1

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f16...ealand-439105/

JUNO SSE K20 NA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in