Last of the Rear Window Shields - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Last of the Rear Window Shields

Hello all,

I have about 30 of the rear window shields left. After that I will not make any more as to pay to advertise on this site would not make it ecnomically feasbile to sell them. I fully understand and agree with this sites advertising policy, so if they will let me post this last one.....

$69 shipped anywhere in the USA.

This shield attaches by suction cups and protects your rear window from being cracked by stones entering the cockpit.

First come, First to get it. When they are gone, they are gone.

Email me at tony at my website below...PayPal or check accepted.

Tony Vaccaro
2005 Elise Ardent Red, www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, 70 Elan GTS, 1991 M100, 1999 Sport 190 Elise, 1974 Europa TC, 1973 Europa JPS #15 TwinCam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Recommended. A simple easy solution to a potential problem. I was going to make my own, but decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and would cost me as much as it would to buy one from Tony. Mine's been in my car for a couple of years.

Tim Mullen --- There is no such thing as Touring suspension or Touring wheels.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner

Chantilly, VA http://members.cox.net/elans4/
05 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange - No Touring - No LSS - No Hardtop - Lotus Driving Lights - Lotus "Chin Guards" - plain and simple.
94 Miata R Package - Black
72 Lotus Elan Sprint - Colorado Orange/Cirrus White
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Tim for the nice words. I had these cut this time by CNC water cutting and paid the extra cost for a program so that I could do more a little cheaply the next time I ran them, but if I add the cost of advertising, it just does not make sense to do these anymore. I would have to add $20 to the cost of every shield.

And as I have enough suction cups just for this batch, to order another batch of suctions cups...you have to order 1000, all the numbers just are too much to make business sense.

So...to all out there, these are really nice, smooth edges. Very clean setup and you dont even know it is there.

The cost of replacing the rear window is very expensive and this is an inexpensive way to avoid the window breaking.

I have had a rock hit the rear shield once with enough force that had I not had the shield there, I am sure the window would have shattered.

Hopefully there are 30 people out there that will realize this is a good thing to have.

Tony Vaccaro
2005 Elise Ardent Red, www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, 70 Elan GTS, 1991 M100, 1999 Sport 190 Elise, 1974 Europa TC, 1973 Europa JPS #15 TwinCam.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:45 PM

can i see a pic and it should fit the exige s right?

07 Lotus Exige S- 3.0 pulley, Custom Paint, Diflow 3 element, Larini SC
09 Porsche C4- Borla Exhaust, GT2Spoiler,OZ ultraleggera 19s, GT3 font bumper and lip
08 Ford Expedition Limited - fully loaded stock
06 Mitsubishi Eclipse- CF lip and wing, Injen Intake, Magnaflow, Clairon DVD/NAV and 12 inch sub 500mp alpine
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 02:51 PM

I'm curious to see what it looks like. Does it cover the entire rear window? It's not like looking out of it, but I was thinking about mounting a chase cam from the the center of the glass.

2007 Ardent Red Lotus Exige S
2013 Tesla Model S
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-onion View Post
I'm curious to see what it looks like. Does it cover the entire rear window? It's not like looking out of it, but I was thinking about mounting a chase cam from the the center of the glass.
+1

2006 Elise, Graphite Grey/Red leather, Sport Elise Suspension, Cup airbox, ECU ref lash, MonoBalls, etc. etc.
1992 900SS Ducati Race Spec Built by Ferracci
2006 KTM 950 SuperMoto, a work in progress

Old stuff gone: Ferrari 275GTB/4, '69 1275 Cooper S. '72 500 Fiat, old Jags, etc. Never bought a boring car.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

My car is away for the winter, tucked into the corner of the garage, so I cant take any pictures..but here are some from my LOONY drives.

You can see it in the pictures and if you look at all 3, you can see most of it.

It does fit the entire window. You could not mount a chase cam or whatever cam to the shield. The weight would pull it down. Would you could do is cut a slot and a hole to mount the cam holder thru the protector. The poly carb is softer than plexi and easy cut and shaped. You could make it look real nice without much effort.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I have added 2 more suction cups as at high speed, mine was vibrating a bit on the glass.

You can see the suction cups...the only one you can see from the rear view mirror is the center bottom. I added 1 each to the top outside corners.
Attached Images

Tony Vaccaro
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexdc View Post
+1
You could get a hole cutter and just cut out the diameter of the shank that hold the chase cam to the window, I guess. I dont have a chase cam so it is tough for me to judge.

Tony Vaccaro
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Ok...looking at the chasecam website...I think you would have to cut out the area where the suction cups are as the distance from the shield to the window is very close. I guess if you were really handy, you could heat up the poly carb and using some sort of form, make an indentation into the poly carb big enough to allow room for the suction cups and hardware.

If someone wants to send me a mount...I would be happy to give it a try. I am very good with poly carb....

hey...you could use the acutal mount to press into the heated poly carb to make the indentations....

Tony Vaccaro
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Hello all....

You all know me, or know my reputation, my website. I may be having an issue with a person that says he sent me a paypal for a shield. I did not receive any paypal from him. I wont give out his name just yet as this may be totally innocent. But I just had a feeling there was something wrong with this transaction.

I have a feeling that this is the same guy I bought a wheel from about a month ago, it was misrepsrsented and I had Paypal through "dispute" get my money refunded. I returned the wheel to him. He was really mad about this....called me names on the phone....swore at me....demanded I take the negative feedback off his account (which i did not).

Here is the link to the post which I asked you all how to handle this...
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91/...n-fixed-82542/

This person that says he sent me money for a shield , only replies that he has not got his shield and will not reply to my emails and messages that I did not get his paypal. He is slow to respond and so I dont know what is going on here, but you all know me and you all know I a man of my word and send out everything ordered right away.

Just thought I would give all of you a heads up. Like I said, this may be nothing but I thought I woud get it out in the open right away. Ihope it is nothing and that we are just experiencing a breakdown in communication....

Tony Vaccaro
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:33 AM

Tony,
Just sent you my paypal no worries on my end, I know your reputation and fully trust you.

Thanks again

2005 Saffron Yellow Elise // Sport Pack NO touring // Stage 2 Exhaust / bling buttons

SOLD - 05 Starlight Black Biscuit Int // Hard Top // BWR SC // Von Hep Exhaust // Naked rear // Cup Box // Manley Mounts // Rota Wheels W/ Toyo R1R's // ForceFed Carbon Fiber Splitter // Carbon Fiber Engine lid cover // Custom side grills // LidBone // JL Audio VR525-CXi Front and Rear // Micro Mirror // Painted interior bits // Bling Buttons // Darth Holder // STRIPES
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 AM
hate speed limits

My rear window is tinted, shouldn't be an issue right?

edit> nevermind, dumb question. I'll take 1, I just emailed you.

Last edited by txdude; 03-02-2010 at 07:35 AM.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Tony sent you a PM... Had a problem e-mailing you through the club site. Please give me details as to where to send payment should the shields still be available. Thanks!
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Tony,

I just emailed you, too. Please PM or email me if you didn't receive an order from David Christian.

Thanks,

2006 Elise, Graphite Grey/Red leather, Sport Elise Suspension, Cup airbox, ECU ref lash, MonoBalls, etc. etc.
1992 900SS Ducati Race Spec Built by Ferracci
2006 KTM 950 SuperMoto, a work in progress

Old stuff gone: Ferrari 275GTB/4, '69 1275 Cooper S. '72 500 Fiat, old Jags, etc. Never bought a boring car.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
www.theapexinn.com

I made my own also, but for Tony's price.....folks...it's not worth making them yourself. Grab one while you still can !!

Elise #2292 (SOLD) / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 02:46 PM

PM for you. Rob

2005 Elise Starlight Black
1991 Elan Monaco White
1973 Triumph Stag, second owner.
1975 XJ12C Jaguar pillarless coupe.
1960 Daimler Limo, drives great look like hell, project in the works.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Hi all...

just got back in ....tough day in the computer trenches.....been out all day.

it is almost 11 pm here..will reply to all emails and PM's

Tony Vaccaro
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

I have replied to all emails and PM's...so if you have not heard from me...send me an email or PM

If you just want to place the order. Send by paypal $69 to tony *at* lotusowners *dot* com

then send me you shipping address to the same email address.

I still have some....

Tony Vaccaro
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Thanks Much Tony, looking forward to mine. Rob

2005 Elise Starlight Black
1991 Elan Monaco White
1973 Triumph Stag, second owner.
1975 XJ12C Jaguar pillarless coupe.
1960 Daimler Limo, drives great look like hell, project in the works.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 03-04-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Hello all...

Thanks for all the orders, but I have run into a glitch...Yesterday.....
I had to open the fresh box of 30 shields, packaged up about 10 or so.....and I decided to take one out for me, for my car, before I run out for myself.. ( i ruined mine using it for a pattern for the CNC cut). I pulled off the plastic covering. I noticed a defect from the cutting process. I checked them all and they all have the same defect in the same place. Now this is a small defect, at the bottom of the shield. The polycarb has a fogging of about the size of an pencil eraser at the edge. Probably wont be able to even see it as this spot will probaably be behind the plastic trim of the rear window, but I was not happy with it. Now I am not a perfectionist, but I can't sell something that is not 100%.

So I went over to my cutter today, and he is going to cut another batch for me at no charge. I should have them by end of next week. He admitted it was not right and is even going to cover the cost of the material.

Hope this is alright.
Sorry for the delay.

If you want me to refund your money if you cant wait about 10 days.....let me know.

As a side note, when I do get these shipped, it will leave me with about 8 left....so get your order in if you want one.

Tony Vaccaro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in