Lotus Elise SC: Anyone Changed the Thermostat? - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
Pressure tested system and while it doesn't hold 16 psi for long....it drops down to 14 psi or so and stabilizes for hours at a time. No leaks anywhere at this point.
While you could fix the remaining leak(s) that are bleeding off above 14 psi, I usually don't try. It rarely gets above 110*F here and I haven't run into any issues - even driving on track at 106*F days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundabout View Post
While you could fix the remaining leak(s) that are bleeding off above 14 psi, I usually don't try. It rarely gets above 110*F here and I haven't run into any issues - even driving on track at 106*F days.
I'm not sure they aren't just a result of the seal at the reservoir or the pressurizing cylinder itself. I only paid like $80 for the kit, so I'm sure it's not the highest quality. Can't seem to detect a leak anywhere.
post #63 of 63 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robocop305 View Post
Great to hear you sorted it all out. The temerature on my car behaves similar to yours. I usually, in bumper to bumper traffic the coolant temp goes up to 210F and then it drops to around 205-6. Once the car moves, the temp drops to around 186-192F.
Mine normally runs 205F if I'm stopped at all. On the freeway.....it's between 195-205. I'm still concerned about bumper to bumper in the summer....but we'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in