Lotus Hints At Future Plans! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2004, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Lotus Hints At Future Plans!

RE: Euro Tuner - 3/04 - Page 15
"Lotus unveiled a hint as to its plans for the company in the next three years. They include the March 2004 launch of a Toyota powered Exige at Geneva, the first U.S. delivery of the Elise in June, the first Esprit replacement debut by the end of 2005, and a V-6 M250 concept to be unveiled in 2007."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 05:44 AM

If I were a betting man..............

I'd say that the new M250 will go into production for 2007, not be introduced then. I'd expect to see the intro in 2006. What your seeing is a 1 model per year roll out. I just keep hoping that the M250 is a 4 place car and not another 2 seater. I need something to replace my 30year old Elite! A problem is the new european pedistrian requirements which would hurt a front engined lotus and therefore makes a 4 place newrly impossible without the use of a magic engineering wand.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:50 AM

For 4-passenger, they could do something like they did with the Carlton, although not a pure Lotus car they were quite popular when they came out.

I wasn't aware Lotus was considering a 4-passenger car of it's own, the market seems pretty saturate already.

I assumed they'd hve the entry level elise, an upscale redesigned esprit or replacement , and a car in between along the lines of the m250

Chris

Chris

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 08:09 AM

Chris,

I'm not saying that Lotus will definitely do a new 4 seater. I'm just saying it might make sence. It would be a successor to the Elite/ Eclat/ Sprint/ Excel series and would go up against M3 (or M4 or whatever BMW is going to call the next one), RX-8, low end 911, Maseratti Coupe, Jaguar XK-8, etc. I know if they built one, I'd be back in the front of the line again for it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zvezdah1
For 4-passenger, they could do something like they did with the Carlton, although not a pure Lotus car they were quite popular when they came out.

I wasn't aware Lotus was considering a 4-passenger car of it's own, the market seems pretty saturate already.

I assumed they'd hve the entry level elise, an upscale redesigned esprit or replacement , and a car in between along the lines of the m250

Chris
So where does that put the Exige if it is coming here?

-Whit
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:10 AM

Unless it comes with significantly more power, it's just a hardtop elise.

Chris

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in