My Elise K20 Turbo and many others mods. - Page 5 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 06:13 AM

Perhaps titanium pistons would help with the heat transfer issue ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxx View Post
Perhaps titanium pistons would help with the heat transfer issue ?
Or SS. I sent an email to AP racing if they can provide SS piston. BOE supply pistons for the front, but for the rear, I don't know where to find yet.

Elise 2006, white, K20 turbo GT3076R, 395 whp
List of mod: I am just stupid putting that much money on that car!
post #83 of 83 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

For the moment, i will try with different brake pads, hawk DTC60, and changing my rear disc, they start to be thinner by 2mm. I am returning to long track on august 30, i will see. I am looking to change the caliper piston from alu to SS, I am not far, I need to improve the temperature rising into the caliper from 15 to 20 minutes on that specific track. I don't have trouble on other tracks down here. For my stock caliper in front, Wilwood are doing piston 1.75x1.03, and the stock one are 1.75x1.05, not far. For the rear AP 5317) with 1.62, I don't know the lenght, I suppose that it is also 1.05, but I will see, I ordered a stock piston. Wilwood are doing piston 1.62 and also Pegasus.

About the headers, PRL asked me to send my headers to them to maybe garanty it. I will know more next weeks, but to be honest, I am surprised about their service. I just sent a message saying that my new headers broke quick... without wishing any respond.

My car started to be louder, and my last track day at restrictive noise level track, I was touching the sound limit. I decided to give some steel bump on my muffler shell and the sound was like bumping on an empty can... look like the muffler is gone internally. Since I had one muffler in stock, I just cut my exhaust line to replace the muffler... and the muffler was destroyed inside. Not bad, the muffler keep up for 2.5 years... not bad, the muffler was in stock because it is not unusual to burn a muffler. Maintenance includes now replacing the muffler every 2 years...

After all, the car needs big care, the engine is rock solid, but big power is asking constant maintenance.

I did 2 track day last weeks, time to works on the car...

Elise 2006, white, K20 turbo GT3076R, 395 whp
List of mod: I am just stupid putting that much money on that car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in