Official Forum Update - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 05:36 PM

You guys sure he likes the Elise? I mean, he gets paid by Lotus. I "like" all my clients' products.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:04 PM

Well he can always post a simple "sorry guys, the official forum wasn't my finest hour" message here and go a long way to recovering the situation I'd imagine.

post #23 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:12 PM

I have arrived! Let me see what questions I can answer first...

Lotus decided to close down the forums for good because of liability. That's all I can say about it, so please don't ask any more questions. I decided to run it personally because I'm an enthusiast but being that I'm also the web designer I couldn't be an unbiased third party so I closed it down as well. Nothing shady about any of it. But it is officially closed for good. Thank you to all that were part of that board.

As to my spelling, thanks for so graciously pointing that out. Now you guys are going to make me use a spellchecker on every post.

As for me being rude on that board vs. me being a "regular guy" on the DSM boards... I was blasted publically many times over for the website going up past it's published deadline. This was due to elements out of both my control and LCU's but I seemed to take quite a thrashing over it from many of you publically. Many even resorted to personal attacks at me and my work which I'm not used to from any of the other boards I run or participate in. From there I became irritated rather quickly by anyone that blasted me again on the board over little things like: (and I know these will ring a bell with all of you) the Photoshopped colors on the Elise, press releases going up after the UK's releases and so forth. Many times this information wasn't readily available to me and in other cases I had to make due with what I had. I know a few of you rubbed me the wrong way intentionally and I'll still avoid conversing with those individuals directly.

Anyway, that aside, I am a huge Lotus fan and have been since I was 7. I love the cars and I enjoy working with LCU and it's employees. I would love to participate here more often with all of you as in general you seem like a great bunch.

Thanks for the space,
Nazz

post #24 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:14 PM

Welcome Nazz!

Dave
post #25 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:18 PM

Welcome!

You have a cool name so you can't be that bad. Now why don't you post some more pics of those cars (especially krypton green) - We know you got some!
post #26 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Forum Founder

Garage
Thumbs up

Welcome Nazz!

(randy quickly deletes the LA BAN HIM picture)

post #27 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:22 PM

Smile

I suppose this just illustrates my most manufacturers don't host their own discussion sites. At a private board like this one, when we don't get the information that we crave, we just make it up and then argue over who has the most plausible story. At the official site, when information isn't forthcoming, we kill the messenger.
post #28 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:24 PM

awww we're all gonna play nice now! Welcome. Thanks for gettin' those pics earlier. Got any more?
post #29 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:24 PM

kill - no, we were just trying to wound
post #30 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:29 PM

Nazz, welcome to the tribe...we don't like smelly people either
post #31 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:40 PM

Nazz,
Welcome to the machine.
P. Floyd
post #32 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patricko
Nazz, welcome to the tribe...we don't like smelly people either
Unless they smell of automotive fluids
post #33 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. In viewing other threads on this board I felt the need to point out just a couple other things and in doing so, trying to remain calm about what I've read thus far.

As for the comments about the site updates...

Being that www.lotuscars.com is not my personal website, I do not go in and update it as I please. That website is updated per LCU's request. If they want a car configurator, they ask me to build it. If they want highlights from the L.A. Auto show, they would ask me to post them. If you don't see it there, they didn't ask me to put it there. I'm tired of being the scapegoat here.

Finally, I'm utterly disgusted by the personal attacks I've read on this board and you ask why I was such a jerk on the other board? How would you respond if someone personally attacked you, linked to your private life and made jokes at your expense publically? What's worse is that others joined in. I'm not sure if that's a result of "internet hero" syndrome, pure uglyness or just people jumping on the bandwagon. The comment was made that I seemed like a "regular guy" on the other boards and that is true. Never once have I been personally attacked there. Yet on a board that represents a car, that itself encapsulates the very essence of style, elegance and class, I get dragged through the mud as if I'm part of some 16 year old high school party? How is that possible? We're among doctors, lawyers and the very uppercrusts of society here yet many of you have joined into a game of namecalling? That people, is why I was such an "Azz" to many of you.

Nazz
post #34 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 06:57 PM

Welcome, Nazz

Didn't mean to be a dick... the whole situation really did seem a little shady at the time. Now that you've explained it, though, I feel kinda bad.

EDIT: for the record, though, I never called you names or attacked you personally. I believe I only questioned your motives.

Last edited by smoseley; 03-25-2004 at 07:00 PM.
post #35 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nazz
Finally, I'm utterly disgusted by the personal attacks I've read on this board and you ask why I was such a jerk on the other board? How would you respond if someone personally attacked you, linked to your private life and made jokes at your expense publically? What's worse is that others joined in. I'm not sure if that's a result of "internet hero" syndrome, pure uglyness or just people jumping on the bandwagon.
Hello Nazz,

I am sorry, I think I went too far. We don't know you as a person just as LA, something akin to Darth Vader. I am sure you are a very nice person and I (and I think we) were not attacking you personally.

Again I am sorry...things did get out of hand.

Welcome and let’s move on

Patrick
still waiting for 2005 Elise
post #36 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:19 PM
qball

Must be some weird planetary alignment happening.

I participate in three online car forums (Porsche 914, BMW E60 (5-series), and this Elise Board).

Everyone seems to be wigging out on all three boards lately.

Must be stress, something in the water, or everyone's "time of the month"
post #37 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:24 PM

which bmw board do you watch?

EDIT: looks like roadfly I guess
post #38 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:28 PM
qball

Yes.. Roadfly

Hmmm... I'm sitting on a nice domain... www.eliseclub.com... Maybe I should do something with it?

Oops! Guess it's not nice to talk about that HERE...

But regardless... this site has been VERY informative and entertaining.

Thanks for the work guys!
post #39 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:36 PM

Hey Nazz,

Not all the posts were bad. According to some of those posts, we've even had an affair That can be taken as good or bad, depending on your POV.

Welcome
post #40 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 07:54 PM

Yes, we can all get along.

Afterall, we're all nuts for a car many of us haven't driven or even seen in the flesh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in