Official Forum Update - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 08:27 PM

Nazz.. even though I don't own one, I found the Esprit board rather interesting. What happened to all of the reply's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 08:40 PM

Considering that we pre- recovery and still haven't had any actual Elise therapy, ie our cars. I think were doing our best. Were all doing pretty good for the salivating, out of control, neglected elise addicts that we are here in the US
post #43 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patricko
Hello Nazz,

We don't know you as a person just as LA, something akin to Darth Vader. I am sure you are a very nice person and I (and I think we) were not attacking you personally.
Nazz, it seems like you were stuck in a no win situation. You have us pestering you for more information on one side, and Lotus telling you not to give information on the other, or not giving you the information you need. Now that you have explained that their were liability issues I can understand why you were limited to giving information.

I once posted a link to a dealer service manual that people could download for free that Lotus wants about $150 bucks for on the other site. (I went by Cube on that site) You questioned if it was copywrited. I said that I had no idea, and since you work for Lotus I'd leave it up to you. But then you get screwed by Lotus if you allow something to be here that shouldnt.

Since people hear actually know Clyde and Arnie, they are not anonymous people like you were. I cant imagine Zvendahl or Clyde posting that Arnie is a jerk for not making Lotus update the US site, or having color samples because even though they may be frustrated about this, most people dont want to embarress or hurt people that they know, and many people that post here personally know each other.

I'm sure the ebay, dealermark up and other arguments on the site wouldnt be taking place on the site if everyone here knew each other. If someone I knew was selling there spot for a profit, we would call each other at home and argue, not discuss it hear.
I'm sure that if you had access to the PMs that people who know each other were sending each other you would see that.

No one knew you, so they took there frustrations out on you as an imaginary entity without realizing that you are a real person with feelings. Since no one hear personally knows you, they just made stupid remarks based upon what they could find out about you on other sites. Dont take the attacks personally since you shouldnt really care what people who have no clue as to who you are think about you. The people who know you personally from the DSM site state that you are a normal person and a nice guy, and that carrys a lot more weight IMO than what a bunch of people that have never met you think or would like to think in order to justify their stupid comments.

post #44 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 04:36 AM

Nazz, I'm very glad you've joined Elisetalk and I'm sure that the place is better for you being here.

Your explanations of much of what went on I totally empathise with, Lotus and forthcoming information are strangers to one another! Nobody here will deny that!!!!

I don't believe I ever attacked you personally so feel that when I stand at the pearly gates I'm cool with St Peter.

I will however make an observation; one which I offer only to help you fit right in here and us all be one happy family.

You note that many people on the board(s) are Dr's, lawyers, executives e.g. intelligent articulate people. Such people expect articulate, well considered and balanced responses to reasonable (and even unreasonable) questions. So far on this board you have written posts that fit this mold perfectly. They are of appropriate length, are informative, and good natured.

A summary of your posts on the 'old board' might be:

"no" , "never" "read the other thread", "you're wrong", "I'm right", "no", "no', "no" - in many cases a thinly veiled "you're just stupid".

I'm afraid busy though you may have been those kind of responses (given your evident 'official status and hence position of considerable corporate reponsibility) were simply not appropriate and in some cases were just plain rude. I do run a company and I'd not tolerate that from one of my employees or suppliers. A little sarcasm or irony... fine, but make it clever.

One has to adjust ones style to suit the audience and this audience is very sophisticated. Also tolerance, because newbies will ask dumb questions... we just have to help them, along - elitism is far worse than naivety.

I for one will take a fairly dim view of this board is if turns into some kind of monosyllabic, Nintendo hack swapping, 14yearolds hangout.

Bring content... not attitude.

On that basis I (and clearly many others) will be very welcoming of you.

Paul

Last edited by Paul MD; 03-26-2004 at 04:45 AM.
post #45 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Welcome, Nazz.

As a marine biologist, I can't hate someone who belongs to a band called Fish Tank. Not that I ever hated you.

Paul captured my feelings about the official forum and web site pretty well. It was never clear to me why Lotus bothered to create these in the first place. Lotus did not supply us with much factual information and became upset when we speculated about various issues. Pretty much a no win situation for us, you and Lotus.

I do have some fondness for the official forum, since that was the first forum of any type that I ever joined. And I did appreciate your attempts to provide some useful tidbits of information, at least in the early days of its existence.

I hope that you will choose to participate on this forum, especially if you have insider knowledge to share (since Randy and Chris aren't willing to spill their guts). However, based on some of the past "discussions" here, no guarantee that you (or any of us) won't be the subject of additional personal attacks.

Feel free to speculate to your heart's content here. We thrive on rumor and innuendo at Elisetalk.
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul MD
Very well put! My sentiments exactly.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:10 AM

Thanks PaulMD for the response as I felt you and I butted heads more than any other there. You are exactly right in that looking back my posts did seem to be a bit dictator like, but I can assure you that was just out of pure frustration for reasons I've mentioned here already.

I look forward to posting here in the future.

Nazz
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:11 AM

AWWWWWWWWWWW! I feel a group hug coming on!

Heck Nazz, plenty of opportunity to butt heads on this forum, ask Transio!

Chris

Chris
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:20 AM

Looks like that's all behind us then

I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't empathise with just how frustrating Lotus can be!

post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul MD
I don't think there's anyone here who doesn't empathise with just how frustrating Lotus can be!

You know, I don't really have any problems with how the folks at Lotus have handled things. What I dislike is how certain dealers have fabricated some wild stories rather than admit that there are details that we just don't know about yet. These speculations then drive all of us crazy trying to verify/debunk them. If everybody who didn't have any confirmed information would have kept their mouths shut then things would have been much more peaceful.

For a relatively harmless example, at one point I was told by a salesman (not mine) that he had reliable info that the car would come in at less than 1500 pounds. This was last November, I believe. What the hell?!?
post #51 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by andykeck
he had reliable info that the car would come in at less than 1500 pounds.
So they are going to be under 1,500 lbs...that is great news
post #52 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Patricko
So they are going to be under 1,500 lbs...that is great news
That's the special Soap Box Derby Edition. LSS and full leather are optional, of course.

Paul Parkanzky
Magnetic Blue with Biscuit Touring, LSS, Starshield
post #53 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by NMRJock
That's the special Soap Box Derby Edition. LSS and full leather are optional, of course.
I think it may have had the BYOE option (Bring Your Own Engine)
post #54 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by zvezdah1
butt heads on this forum, Transio!

Chris
I thought we were gonna stop the name calling?
post #55 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 12:49 PM

huggy,
edited like that, steve's gonna be ticked, ouch!!!
Chris

Chris
post #56 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 12:51 PM

post #57 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 01:30 PM

Nazz,

Definitely feel that Paul summed up my thoughts about the official forum. And initially, that wasn't my feelings, I realized that you did have a job to do, and to keep things professional... but over time, I began to feel that things were a bit more caustic than they needed to be, and it is what drove me away from that forum.

I still feel that a lot of the things you have said and released were unprofessional, and I still feel that the website was your responsibility, it was what you were hired to do, after all. I may be mistaken, but I stand by my comment about firing you if I had hired you for my website. It seems to me that Lotus USA shouldn't have had to tell you each change to make, you should've been asking approval for updates that needed to happen, not waiting for someone to come to you with it. That said, I'll stop playing Trump.

As far as you personally, I'm sure you're a regular guy like the rest of us, and I apologize for personal attacks. I tend to be aggressive by nature, and that's not your fault. I'm just an A-hole sometimes.

So, anyways,

welcome to the forum!

Cade
post #58 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by transio
You know I'm just kidding Steve. I always enjoy reading your posts, I might even agree with some of them.
post #59 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by huggy bear
You know I'm just kidding Steve. I always enjoy reading your posts, I might even agree with some of them.
Dont say that! That will just encourage him

Long live the
post #60 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Modern Wedgie
Dont say that! That will just encourage him
Your avatar encourages me!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in