Ohlins, TopSpeed, Laguna Seca
I bought my Elise a few months ago and have gotten a lot of help on this forum. I finally got it to the point where it was ready for a track day, and was lucky enough to get out on Laguna Seca. Observations:
- Ohlins (from 2006 Lotus Sport) are incredible
- trust Lotus on the suggested settings for the track; they are right!
- if I hadn't changed out my toe links for DSBrace, I would have been scared as cr*p
- I swapped out my TopSpeed Pro1 exhaust for stock. They had a 90dB limit!
- I used to scoff at aero aids. i think differently after cresting the straightaway at 110mph coming into turn 1.
- There is *nothing* to compare to perfectly nailing the corkscrew
Does anyone know another aftermarket exhaust that is likely to pass the 90dB requirements? I was fine but don't think I would have made it with the TopSpeed. I would like something other than the stock rusty boat anchor but am not interested in a lot more volume. I will have to put the TopSpped1 up for sale.
A couple of cool pictures attached.