The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Okay. It's mid-March. Have we started production yet? Have we?!!

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  adamant 
#1 ·
I checked recent threads and there's no mentioning of the Fed Elise starting production yet. I thought I heard they may be a delay? Start! Start! Start! Start! Start! :D

See less See more
#6 ·
Allan Gibbs said:
No, I thought the delay was due to the cup holders? ;)
Thats right. LCU was supposed to fed ex over a super big gulp so that Hethel could make it to fit, but for some reason they didn't send it fed ex, not even "par avion", so it just got there last week. Turns out they are going to have to widen the car 3.5", and add 2.1" to the wheelbase the retooling is going to delay the car till 2006 when the new bumpers and cup-hoolders will add 470lbs to the total weight.

;)

#7 ·
Evl said:
Thats right. LCU was supposed to fed ex over a super big gulp so that Hethel could make it to fit, but for some reason they didn't send it fed ex, not even "par avion", so it just got there last week. Turns out they are going to have to widen the car 3.5", and add 2.1" to the wheelbase the retooling is going to delay the car till 2006 when the new bumpers and cup-hoolders will add 470lbs to the total weight.

;)
Didn't GM beat them to this? a.k.a. Solstice.

#11 ·
nxm,

The line which the Elise will be built on for the US is the same as the one which previously produced the VX220/ Speedster for GM. Production of a limited addition model to finish the run ended acouple of weeks ago. Since then, Press cars entered production for an event scheduled later this month. Our cars should reach production later this month or early in April. Although a couple of weeks delayed from the original estimates, still in order for the first cars to arrive in May. Remember that the first cars will be the dealer demos. Expect customer cars late in may or early june.

#12 ·
Modern Wedgie said:
You forget what group this is? Weve all gone mad waiting for the car, so serious cant possibly describe us.
I think a few of us already were mad before we placed the deposit. ;)

#13 ·
wallabyguy said:
nxm,

The line which the Elise will be built on for the US is the same as the one which previously produced the VX220/ Speedster for GM. Production of a limited addition model to finish the run ended acouple of weeks ago. Since then, Press cars entered production for an event scheduled later this month. Our cars should reach production later this month or early in April. Although a couple of weeks delayed from the original estimates, still in order for the first cars to arrive in May. Remember that the first cars will be the dealer demos. Expect customer cars late in may or early june.
Changing the name to LODUS = Lots of delays, usually significant. :p

Just kidding. Well, mostly.

#14 ·
Does Lotus supply any kind of status in production? Do we get any idea that a car has been shipped or even in the US before we get a call from the dealer saying the car has arrived!
I find I am dropping events that I could go to because my Elise might show up sometime between May and July!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.