Okay. It's mid-March. Have we started production yet? Have we?!! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Allan Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Back in Gilbert, AZ(formerly Montrose, CA)
Posts: 7,610
Garage
Wink Okay. It's mid-March. Have we started production yet? Have we?!!

I checked recent threads and there's no mentioning of the Fed Elise starting production yet. I thought I heard they may be a delay? Start! Start! Start! Start! Start!

Allan Gibbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Registered User
 
MotorCade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: California
Posts: 2,344
With all the emphasis on including a start button on the new Elise, folks at Hethel forgot to include one on the new production line!
MotorCade is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 03:59 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 252
Hey, is that midnight blue? It looks pretty good, better than I thought it might look. Any other views of this car and color?
cantwaitforelise is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Allan Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Back in Gilbert, AZ(formerly Montrose, CA)
Posts: 7,610
Garage
No, I thought the delay was due to the cup holders?

The color I believe is Magnetic blue. Here's the link:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/show...&threadid=2212
Allan Gibbs is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Registered User
 
zcar222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: US
Posts: 751
Looks like magnetic to me.

-Whit
zcar222 is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Evl
Registered User
 
Evl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,721
Quote:
Originally posted by Allan Gibbs
No, I thought the delay was due to the cup holders?
Thats right. LCU was supposed to fed ex over a super big gulp so that Hethel could make it to fit, but for some reason they didn't send it fed ex, not even "par avion", so it just got there last week. Turns out they are going to have to widen the car 3.5", and add 2.1" to the wheelbase the retooling is going to delay the car till 2006 when the new bumpers and cup-hoolders will add 470lbs to the total weight.

Evl is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Registered User
 
babak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 8,270
Quote:
Originally posted by Evl
Thats right. LCU was supposed to fed ex over a super big gulp so that Hethel could make it to fit, but for some reason they didn't send it fed ex, not even "par avion", so it just got there last week. Turns out they are going to have to widen the car 3.5", and add 2.1" to the wheelbase the retooling is going to delay the car till 2006 when the new bumpers and cup-hoolders will add 470lbs to the total weight.

Didn't GM beat them to this? a.k.a. Solstice.


Babak
Club111 Central Plains Coordinator

'05 Elise - Touring, HT, StarShield
'99 Ducati 996 Bip
'05 Freelander SE
babak is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Registered User
 
jml1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Posts: 2,154
Three more people in England decided to order the car with the Toyota engine plus one more in Australia, so US production has been delayed for six months while Lotus figures out how to meet the extra demand!
jml1952 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:57 AM
Win
Registered User
 
Win's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 1,285
Damn, no one can give a serious answer?
Win is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 06:03 AM
Registered User
 
Modern Wedgie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Posts: 2,744
Quote:
Originally posted by nxm150
Damn, no one can give a serious answer?
You forget what group this is?

Weve all gone mad waiting for the car, so serious cant possibly describe us.

Long live the
Modern Wedgie is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Registered User
 
wallabyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 7,430
nxm,

The line which the Elise will be built on for the US is the same as the one which previously produced the VX220/ Speedster for GM. Production of a limited addition model to finish the run ended acouple of weeks ago. Since then, Press cars entered production for an event scheduled later this month. Our cars should reach production later this month or early in April. Although a couple of weeks delayed from the original estimates, still in order for the first cars to arrive in May. Remember that the first cars will be the dealer demos. Expect customer cars late in may or early june.
wallabyguy is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Allan Gibbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Back in Gilbert, AZ(formerly Montrose, CA)
Posts: 7,610
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Modern Wedgie
You forget what group this is? Weve all gone mad waiting for the car, so serious cant possibly describe us.
I think a few of us already were mad before we placed the deposit.
Allan Gibbs is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Registered User
 
jml1952's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Posts: 2,154
Quote:
Originally posted by wallabyguy
nxm,

The line which the Elise will be built on for the US is the same as the one which previously produced the VX220/ Speedster for GM. Production of a limited addition model to finish the run ended acouple of weeks ago. Since then, Press cars entered production for an event scheduled later this month. Our cars should reach production later this month or early in April. Although a couple of weeks delayed from the original estimates, still in order for the first cars to arrive in May. Remember that the first cars will be the dealer demos. Expect customer cars late in may or early june.
Changing the name to LODUS = Lots of delays, usually significant.

Just kidding. Well, mostly.
jml1952 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Registered User
 
adamant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 1,315
Does Lotus supply any kind of status in production? Do we get any idea that a car has been shipped or even in the US before we get a call from the dealer saying the car has arrived!
I find I am dropping events that I could go to because my Elise might show up sometime between May and July!!!!

2006 Exige Chrome Orange
adamant is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome