Is this one of the first Elises ever made? Serial Number 18 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Is this one of the first Elises ever made? Serial Number 18

A local non Lotus dealer has a car for sale and when I looked at the ad I noticed the serial number was 18 and it was made in April 2004.

I know the first person at PB Motors had a car with serial number in the 40's or 50's and I thought that they started out using serial numbers in the 20's since the numbers before that were test cars or crashed if I recall correctly.

I thought Chris who had the first car in the US said his was somewhere in the 20's, but his car may have been delivered first, but not made first.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 AM

Or a press car... They are usually lower than customer cars but higher than test mules.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:36 AM

Mine is 7 so they started before 20

Josh / thehoffaman -
Richmond, VA

2005 Elise VIN 0007 Storm Titanium / black leather, Touring package, hard/soft, Starshield, 55w 6000k DDM HIDS, 5 1/4 front speaker, Kendwood HD942U stereo HU,
1986 Panther Federal Kallista- Silver w/ black runing boards

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

I checked the carfax that was on the ad and the car came into customs on 7/1/04, was delivered to the dealer on 7/31/04 and was delivered to the original purchaser on 8/16/04. It was originally delivered to Symbolic Motors.
It has had 5 owners and was registered in three different states.

I also did a search on this site and it appears that this is the lowest recorded serial number that anyone knows about.
(guess not see above post!)

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/n...235/#post98198

Last edited by xxxotic; 06-01-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Just saw the post above this one
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Modern Day Hippie

I believe so. I got my car in August 2004. VIN SCCPC11175HL30101. It was the 2nd one at Lotus SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxotic View Post
I checked the carfax that was on the ad and the car came into customs on 7/1/04, was delivered to the dealer on 7/31/04 and was delivered to the original purchaser on 8/16/04. It was originally delivered to Symbolic Motors.
It has had 5 owners and was registered in three different states.

I also did a search on this site and it appears that this is the lowest recorded serial number that anyone knows about.
(guess not see above post!)

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/n...235/#post98198
Can you do me a huge favor and run a car fax on my car? It was in a body shop recently for some work, no body damage, but the claim was surprisingly high so I'm worried that it showed up on my carfax as an accident. SCCPC11175HL30101 I just want to see if my record is still good. You can email me whatever info you find or a PDF to [email protected] Thanks in advance if you can do it.

You become who you surround yourself with - Sorinne Ardeleanu

Please don't message me here, my inbox is over capacity. If you'd like to connect with me please send me an email to sprvxn @ gmail . com . Thank you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTripleX View Post

Can you do me a huge favor and run a car fax on my car? It was in a body shop recently for some work, no body damage, but the claim was surprisingly high so I'm worried that it showed up on my carfax as an accident. SCCPC11175HL30101 I just want to see if my record is still good. You can email me whatever info you find or a PDF to [email protected] Thanks in advance if you can do it.
The carfax for this car was listed in the ad, so that is how I got the info.

I sent you an email the other day, saying that I have a carfax log in and password from where I used to work before I got laid off, but was afraid that they would get a report or bill and see Lotus and know it was me. I'm not sure how carfax bills corporate accounts, if it a certain amount per month, or if it is for each time you use it, so I dont want to risk doing anything wrong and having them take back my severence package and arresting me for theft!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Modern Day Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxotic View Post
The carfax for this car was listed in the ad, so that is how I got the info.

I sent you an email the other day, saying that I have a carfax log in and password from where I used to work before I got laid off, but was afraid that they would get a report or bill and see Lotus and know it was me. I'm not sure how carfax bills corporate accounts, if it a certain amount per month, or if it is for each time you use it, so I dont want to risk doing anything wrong and having them take back my severence package and arresting me for theft!
Oh ok. Thanks anyway. I didn't put 2 and 2 together. Don't run it at your company as they will see that you ran it for a Lotus Elise and my VIN. Don't want to get you in trouble.

You become who you surround yourself with - Sorinne Ardeleanu

Please don't message me here, my inbox is over capacity. If you'd like to connect with me please send me an email to sprvxn @ gmail . com . Thank you.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 12:14 PM

I seem to remember seeing an early VIN on one of the cars at my old work place (three Elises would park in the same parking garage even though we worked for different employers). If I remember, it was number 9 - had been a press car.

Tim Mullen --- There is no such thing as Touring suspension or Touring wheels.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner

Chantilly, VA http://members.cox.net/elans4/
05 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange - No Touring - No LSS - No Hardtop - Lotus Driving Lights - Lotus "Chin Guards" - plain and simple.
94 Miata R Package - Black
72 Lotus Elan Sprint - Colorado Orange/Cirrus White
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in