side skirts options - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKFEVER View Post
Not yet, is is based on the current Exige version.
If they look like the ones on the Exige put me down for a set, these are the best ones I have found. I'm glad I've waited. They look stock to me, most look like an add on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
My Elise Side Skirt will be ready in 45 day
Charles,

Will you have a group buy for elise/exige or only for elise when it is released?

I am still interested in the exige version but I can wait for it to be a group buy.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Absolute power does what?

I went with the Sector111 RaceSILLS (the IMRP ones) because they seemed to be the most livable in terms of being able to put the car up on jack stands / change tires without having to remove the sills. With the IMRP ones I can just place my hockey puck on the sill where it would go and lift right with the sill in place. That ruled out all the carbon ones as I don't think any of those would hold up without cracking/shattering. The IMRPs are also one of the biggest (widest) available so I feel like they most likely add the most downforce of any of the options.

You should have a mod sticky this once you've figure out all the options (update your original post with links, prices, etc).

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson View Post
I went with the Sector111 RaceSILLS (the IMRP ones) because they seemed to be the most livable in terms of being able to put the car up on jack stands / change tires without having to remove the sills. With the IMRP ones I can just place my hockey puck on the sill where it would go and lift right with the sill in place. That ruled out all the carbon ones as I don't think any of those would hold up without cracking/shattering. The IMRPs are also one of the biggest (widest) available so I feel like they most likely add the most downforce of any of the options.

You should have a mod sticky this once you've figure out all the options (update your original post with links, prices, etc).
Done. I did not put the prices, they can vary.

I don't like the racesills, they are too straight, I don't think they matches the car's general design. But that's just my opinion.

07 autumn gold Elise
08 VW GTI
07 Passat wagon
92 Isuzu Stylus RS "Handling by Lotus"
14 Fiat 500L
93 Asuna Sunfire x2
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM

Does anyone know how functional any of these sills are? I can't be the only one who would prefer the pair that gives some kind of aerodynamic advantage.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsiv View Post
Done. I did not put the prices, they can vary.

I don't like the racesills, they are too straight, I don't think they matches the car's general design. But that's just my opinion.
That's perfect - thanks. I just PMed Aedo to see if he'll stick this. Someone (I'm willing) should write up a guide for the rest of the aero bits then great a aero uber-thread.

I can't argue with you that much on the IMRPs and how the look - some of the ones that are curved with the body do maintain the overall fluid look/design of the Elige. That said bigger is, of course, always better so when my eye sees the IMRPs it prefers them because they are bigger and IMHO more aggressive. All that = better to me

Quote:
Does anyone know how functional any of these sills are? I can't be the only one who would prefer the pair that gives some kind of aerodynamic advantage.
While there's certain no head-to-head testing (at least not that I've seen) I think Reverie has done the most comprehensive aero testing for our cars. That said since you can't get specific data you'd have to go with what, on paper, would be better - and I think I'm safe in saying that the IMRPs are the best for aero since they are much wider than all the others. The concept for skirts as I understand it is it makes the low pressure area under the car MUCH wider (as in 16" total width) at what is the narrowest part of the car (right where her hips are)

That and my afore mentioned reason about being able to lift the car with the skirts in place and the IMRPs were an easy choice for me.

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 03:03 AM

Wait for HK Fever's CF Skirts. He makes the best CF products on the market for Lotus cars. I have a number of his CF pieces and they are like jewelry, very well made and finished to a high degree.

Couple of shots of my Exige S with his side skirts (phone camera, not the best resolution).

Want to know the performance of aero on the track? See the video of a friend of mine (who races Porsche GTC3 class) who I let drive my Exige S at a track day. At the end he makes a little comment about the handling of my car.

Attached Images

65 Elan S2 - Restored & For Sale
72 Europa- Restoration finished
69 Elan S4 - Restored & Sold
64 Elan S1 - Restored & Not for sale
12 Colin 30 - Lotus Racing Kart - Sold
07 Exige S - Wicked Road/Track Car - Sold
07 Exige S - Fast Road/Track Car - Wrecked at track
06 Elise - Track pack - Sold

Last edited by Certified Lotus; 10-08-2013 at 03:19 AM.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
HK's Exige skirts look great. Hopefully the Elise skirts look as good.

Do the Exige skirts help to keep debris off the Lower panels?

I have no illusions that any skirts will have significant aero effect at anything but very high speeds anyway.

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Do the Exige skirts help to keep debris off the Lower panels?
My unscientific data says YES. And not just a little - even on my black car my sills would get chewed to pieces (so much so that I have them wrapped in black vinyl over the black paint). Now with the sills not so much...

post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-08-2013, 04:07 PM

Garage
Quote:
My Elise Side Skirt will be ready in 45 day

VERY interested! I've been waiting ages for this!

2006 Matte Black Lotus Elise | Katana Supercharger | Sector UltraDisc | CCW Classics | ReVerie CF Exige Side Scoops | CF GutSport Front Splitter | Larini De-cat pipe | Larini ClubSport Exhaust | 5000k HID Bulbs/LED Lights | Sector RTD Brace | Difflow Jr Railer Diffuser | Reverie CF Daytona Intake | Sector 4Tress Harness Bar | Chuck Risen Subwoofer Enclosure | Saikou Michi Catch Cans | BOE Torque 250 Tune | Voltex GT1 Wing | HKFever CF Side Skirts | Nitron Street Series 2 | Toyo Proxes R1R
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM

2008 Lotus Exige S240 Aspen WhiteYellow Star shield
2008 Mercedes G500 Black
2014 BMW i3 Rex White
post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-31-2014, 05:39 PM

Damn, they look very mean Loving it.

S240 Exige S with BOE FW300 + over 40 mods
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 09:34 AM

The front part looks hideous, but at least there is a factory option now...

When is yours going to be done, hkfever?

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1501
Size:  33.1 KB

2008 Lotus Exige S240 Aspen WhiteYellow Star shield
2008 Mercedes G500 Black
2014 BMW i3 Rex White
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulsiv View Post
Cantrell's are not available anymore, there is nothing on them on their website...
I have a set for sale: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...skirts-157650/ Make an offer.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 10:10 PM

Trueleo!
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
Here's my version of option #8 in the OP. These are custom cut for the Elise from .090 aluminum. Turned out great. The total cost was about $150.
Attached Images

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 08:53 PM

What was used to cut them ?
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 01:13 PM

Garage
I want the new Elise Cup R sill skirts and front splitter for my 05!!!!! I think they look perfect for the car!
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 07:00 PM

The Elise r front splitter will not fit 05 Elise. The side skirts will fit and I too would like to get them
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
Here's my version of option #8 in the OP. These are custom cut for the Elise from .090 aluminum. Turned out great. The total cost was about $150.
I agree they look great and look far easier to get in and out of the car as they are much (seemingly) narrower than mine. I wonder how much that affects aero though as I wonder how much wider the bottom of my car is vs. yours. While I'd guess we could be talking as much as 6-8" I honestly can't imagine that makes a huge difference in terms of down force.

Anyone smarter than me care to chime in? As I understand the skirts are the biggest aero mod you can do since it makes the footprint of the car over 12" wider in total. Again not sure if that's just me justifying the higher cost and PITA factor that mine add. Either way GR8DRV I do think those look great, especially given you made them yourself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in