Alright so update on the car.
I obviously got it started and I wanted to slowly bring it up to temp to see if it would hold. I get the car idling and I see that the temp is rising uncontrollably. The car gets up to about 200 and I shut it off. The radiator is ice cold so I know the thermostat isn't opening. And we grab some of the radiator hoses and they seem empty but we can hear some coolant in the radiator.
So we top off the coolant with some water. We put in maybe a half a gallon in and brought it up to temp a couple more times, revved it up tried to get some air out. We ended up bringing it up to 200 about 3 or 4 times before the thermostat finally opened. We immediately saw the water in the reservoir turn pink as it mixed with the coolant already in the system, and then our radiator started finally getting warm.
From there it held about 195 for 20 mins. We didn't see any coolant leaking out anywhere, and the car's not smoking/no water in the oil. So I'm a bit at odds to where the coolant went... That seems like something that could come back to be a pain in the ass later.
But once we got the car to hold temp we decided to put it in gear and roll it around a bit. It's got a flat tire but it was really nice to back it out of the garage which I did and drove it up and down the driveway a few times. Usually I can tell somewhat how a car is going to feel almost immediately as I take off from a stop and the clutch, engagement and feeling of the car overall just from rolling it 20 feet was very promising.
I also pulled the parts from the front that were destroyed in the crash and I think for this summer I'm just going to run it the way it is, and do all of the work over the winter on the car.
We spent most of today cleaning up the garage again, and cleaning up the car.
Tues I have the new R888Rs coming that I'm going to get mounted, but for now, I still need to figure out how to get the lug nuts off (lol stupid special tool is required from the dealership). I also had to get new jackstands with flat tops. Also bought a new battery. I'm going to try the Lithium Iron battery (The biggest Shorai) which is overkill in terms of CCAs, but the reserve is realistically equivalent to about 10-12AHs. So that should be useable as a dual purpose battery with a tender and a remote shut off switch.
Pictures from today after we cleaned the car up a bit. It almost looks like it's old self: