Who here is 100% sure of their color selection. - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 07:56 PM

Whether the weather

I started looking at cars, especially sports cars/sporty coupes in colors that seemed similar to the Elise choices and noticed different colors appealed to me in different weather/daylight situations. Most of the Bordeaux Red photos I saw looked great if they were taken very late in the day or when it was cloudy. The Magnetic Blue (Subaru WRX?) looked awesome in bright sunshine, late morning or early afternoon, Storm Titanium looks so exotic indoors but 'disappears' on black/gray pavement and in groups of cars, Saffron Yellow is too flashy for a conservative like myself, Ardent Red made the various 'tacked on' black plastic pieces and trim stick out too much, but looked great in bright sunshine on asphalt and stands out from the masses. I decided to order six cars, but after checking my resources, settled on Nightfall Blue, since dark blue cars just seem to catch my eye, ever since the Donohue/Penske Sunoco sponsored race cars of the 60's and early '70's.

Last edited by Less Moore; 03-06-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 03:23 AM

I agree that the blue colors are awesome, especially lazer blue. Problem is, my 2003 Mitsu Spyder is blue, and I didn't want 2 blue sports cars in the garage. So blue was ot right away.

I can't imagine this car looking anything less than stunning in any color....

Jer
2006 Elise
2014 RAM 3500 DIESEL 4 X 4
2013 Jeep wrangler
1996 Miata race car
post #43 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 03:54 AM

tough tough call....

Argh, you all just make it harder to sort out...

Decided on ST with Red Touring, HT, but not the Sport package, since I live in New England and we have great compbos of frost heaves and pot holes. The blues all look great, but habe 2 blue cars already, and the really bright colors (SY, AR, etc) all scream "mid life crisis" to me - I'm turning 41 in a few weeks, heheheh.

Worried about being seen on the road by SUVs with tST, so will leave lights on at all times, ad will hope my dealer supplies the driving lights as well, and will try and get the HID lights to boot. Love the Red with Biscuit, Green with biscuit, NB with biscuit... but again, both current cars have biscuit, so lets go for red <G>

post #44 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 05:53 AM

Guys,

When it didn't look good that I was going to get the option of Lazer, I had settled on the Bordeaux Red. It looks great and SurferJet will be very very happy with it I'm sure. But as commented on by others on this thread, Bordeaux Red is very
"classy". It will look great at the club. I really wanted a color that made me smile and could chear me up after a tough day at work. I think it's funny though. If color selection was a Magazine Comparison test, although Bordeaux Red didn't win more than but a few Owners so far but was second for most. It would likely win the test by being consistant.

I think it will gain popularity, like the bronze as it is seen on roads (Clyde's opinion). He mentioned Bronze looks great in person but he doubts anyone would order it sight unseen. He figures that if he can get a couple of dealers to get a demo in the color it would sell quickly and pick up populartity.
post #45 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 05:56 AM

Gotta honor your past

Had to wade in on this one. First off I can’t wait to get involved in LOG events. If these forums are any indication, these will be a riot! On color, I have to follow the self enforced law of retiring the color of great rides. Corvette white, Porsche 928 GTS black, BMW 540i sport green, Supra MKIV TT Baltic blue. There were a couple of custom jobs back in the day that I won’t enforce. So I am left with that beautiful deep glass of my favorite French wine, the (as another sharply identified, “caught in my mid-life crisis”) screaming LOOK AT ME Saffron and the classy and sophisticated Graphite. The envelope please…. Everything about this ride, and my twenty something girlfriend, screams LOOK AT ME. So come fall it’ll be hoochie momma outfits for her, topless for the Elise and I’ll be the 41 y/o old grinnin’ with the personalized plate, “DIE LIVN”.

PS Any care to share personalized plate ideas?
post #46 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 06:06 AM

I have "Han Solo" for my Truck and may transfer it over. I'm leaning toward doing something new. BTW, I'm not replacing my truck (Expedition) with the Elise, I also have older lotuses and need something to tow them with
post #47 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 06:34 PM

I haven't ordered yet, but I should be on the next group of 10 with my dealer. I had decided on Ardent Red, but I just looked at the paint chips today for the first time and a red S1 Elise that seemed to be painted very close (if not exactly) Ardent Red. Frankly, the Ardent Red looked rather flat and dull compared to the metallic colors. I think you would really have to wax it a lot and keep it very clean for it to shine. My wife was with me and agreed (she had been the one really pushing for red). She likes Magnetic Blue or Bordeaux Red now. I don't care for the Bordeaux, but I do like the Magnetic Blue. The paint chip sparkles nicely in the sun, and it looks blue under all light conditions, whereas the Bordeaux doesn't even look red in dimmer light. The most sparkly of all the paints is the Storm Titanium, then the Aztec Bronze. I wish they all were as sparkly as the Storm Titanium -- I just don't like gray or silver for a color - I want some real color. And the Bronze just doesn't excite me enough, although it is eye catching. The Lazer Blue is too light of a blue for my taste.

So, for now, it is a Mag Blue with black leather interior for me.

There is my $0.03 worth.
post #48 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:20 PM

Yellow Yellow Yellow

I've ordered a saffron car and I have been strongly leaning toward yellow from the getgo. No regrets since ordering either.

But I've been driven BUGGY the last couple of days because I saw an online photo of a saffron Elise the other day where there was a person in the background holding a yellow umbrella. It might have been in conjunction with a review or road test.

Can anyone help me find this again?
post #49 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Surferjer
I'm shocked to see that no one wants Bordeaux Red. Guess I'll be in the strict minority. I debated between it and BRG, but my wife pushed hard for the red. I like that it seems to have a lot of metallic flake in it, too. I just think it looks classy.
BRP w/Biscuit for me. It is a rich color and has the "pop" of red while being classy at the same time.

I've been looking at the paint chips in the sun and the BRP looks great. Sure, it's a bit dark in the shade, but I've never chosen a color based on how it looks at night or in low light.

I can't wait for my Elise.
post #50 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 04:14 PM

Ordered CO. Exige pictures sinched it for me.

Babak
Club111 Central Plains Coordinator

'05 Elise - Touring, HT, StarShield
'99 Ducati 996 Bip
'05 Freelander SE
post #51 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 08:16 PM

Well guys, I just got through eyeing and sitting in and groping the Magnetic Blue Elise over at the ATL auto show. I am DEFINITELY getting this color. I saw the green one in FL a few weeks ago, it was nice too. But man... this blue is so sweet. I don't know if I have ever seen a shade of blue that I liked as much as magnetic. Pictures of this car really just cannot do it justice. Especially not the ones of the magnetic blue cars. I thought the clearwater photos were pretty dead on with the green car though - not to say they did it justice.

For the record, it is NOT the same color as the WRX at all. It is much darker and deeper. Ah-La nicer too. I would say it is closer to the PT cruiser blue than any other car - still nicer though. It is darker than the 350Z and more metallic - also a hint more purple.

Throw in the hardtop and Biscuit leather and I will be set to go.

-Whit
post #52 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 09:46 PM

I'm also completely sold on the magnetic blue. The thing is, I totally don't want a blue car. I've had a blue car (which I didn't want to be blue) before, but yet the magetic is such a beautiful color that I know that I will be the happiest with it.

It first caught my eye in some photos of the assembly line that I saw maybe a year ago.

Don't get my wrong, I would be very happy with any of the available colors. I secretly want the Krypton Green, but I'm so in love with the magnetic that I don't think I can pass it up.

By the way, I picked up one of the Saico 1:28 scale models in blue, and it's very close to magnetic. I can't tell how close because the car is at work while my color sheet at home, but it's pretty good. Definitely not as metalic though. I definitely like the color better than my 1:18 Jadi Laser Blue car.
post #53 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Win

I changed my color to ST with red leather. I am now 100% sure of my color choice.
post #54 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:39 AM

CO w/ black interior for me.

I was tempted to do SY, but there are too many yellow cars out there already. Besides, CO looks unbelievable on the Esprits and the exige pics floating around the net.

Dont care too much for black interior, but there isnt much that goes with CO.

Does anyone know if the interior has any highlights/accents of the exterior color?

Carlos
98 Supra TT
post #55 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:01 PM

bellotech,

also ordered CO with black leather (which does seem like the only logical interior color, although on another thread mentioned someone ordered CO with red leather!)
Yes, there are nice interior accents of the outside color. Plenty of photos at puresports.com

I, as with many others, struggled with the color choice. In fact due to the beauty of the Elise design, one could argue it looks great in any color. My final choices came down to visiability concerns. I'm planning to use the car as a daily driver and with all the large vehicles in the US, despite defensive driving, I plan to be seen as much as possible.

As mentioned by others in this thread, my choice was solidified once seeing the Espirit and new Exige in CO.

Since persecution seems rampent to those whose chose CO, I'm putting my $.02 in re: the other (less desirable) colors:

Saf Yellow -- My wife called it "Ford yellow", and since then I have noticed alot of Ford trucks and Explorers this same yellow. some also said with the black accents, it looks like a bumble bee.

Ard Red -- does look nice, no doubt. But next time your driving around notice how many other red cars there are. Like a major blood letting.

Artic Silver -- (see above) , the most popular car color the last couple years in the US. Not only will blend in with all the other silver cars, but watch out for the soccor mom in the SUV. CRASH

A**tek Bronze -- Godzilla took a white car and wiped.

Mag Blue -- pretty car! saw it at the LA show. I have an SUV the same color, so no thanks for me.

Nightfall Blue -- so dark, at "nightfall" looks black. Elise desires to stand out.

Rac Green -- beautiful classic color. just sold my jag XJR in BRG with beige leather. still feel this car needs to be brighter

Bord Red Pearl -- another nice color, but not for a sports car. Grand-ma has a big caddy this color, enough said.

Storm titty -- (see silver)

Aub Purple -- purple? did you say purple

Starlight Black -- anyone see light from a star that's black? anyway, I'm looking forward to driving the car, not washing it

Graphite Grey -- although the same color as asphalt, looks absolutely gorgeous in pictures! Doesn't look quite as nice being pealed from the tread of a semi

Kryton Green -- i'm worried about anyone considering this color

Laser blue -- you have to be pretty comfortable with your masculinity to pick this "dodge neon" color.

Chrome Orange -- with the metallic flake, has a yellow tint in the sun; bold statement, yes. easily seen, yes. not an everyday color, yes. belongs on a sports car, yes. although difficult to imagine in person - does almost everyone love it once they actually see it on a car (ie, the espirit or exige)? it seems so!

To each his own
post #56 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Laser blue -- you have to be pretty comfortable with your masculinity to pick this "dodge neon" color.
I'm a manly man! I do manly things! I drink light beer (only for this joke)! I drive Lazer Blue sports cars...........ah, you may have a point. But I have 5 kids so I must be a little manly

Did I mention that................" I'm a lumber jack and I'm ok, I sleep all night and I work all day, I chop down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatry, on sundays I go shopping, and have butter sconce with tea..........." Those of you who know the rest of this song should:

A) be laughing by now without me even having to finish
B) are a very sad lot
C) are true brits at heart and deserve the elise more than anyone else because you understand what it means to be British.

Regardless, I need to go now and get in touch with my sensitive side
post #57 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:26 PM

Guess I am just too American for that whole lumberjack thing.

.....but it sounds like someone is in touch with their British side lol

-Whit
post #58 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:32 PM

I ordered Krypton Green.

I've had several frogs with similar color schemes, so I'm sure I'll like it
post #59 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HOCKYDOC

Chrome Orange -- with the metallic flake, has a yellow tint in the sun; bold statement, yes. easily seen, yes. not an everyday color, yes. belongs on a sports car, yes. although difficult to imagine in person - does almost everyone love it once they actually see it on a car (ie, the espirit or exige)? it seems so!

To each his own
Yes, CO does make a bold statement. It boldly says, "Look at me, I have a two inch p--is!"

post #60 of 103 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny B
Yes, CO does make a bold statement. It boldly says, "Look at me, I have a two inch p--is!"

...then what exactly does your avatar say?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in