Will this happen to the Elise... Again? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Will this happen to the Elise... Again?

I saw this on EBay. It seems someone took a brand new R32 for a test drive... and wrecked it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466571857
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:06 PM

Wasn't it the Saffron Yellow Elise (that was formerly black) that was being shipped around the US as a demo that got wrecked? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly?

I don't know the circumstances behind the R32 accident, but I just don't understand how people could be so wreckless with a car that isn't theirs?

Bob
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:10 PM

It was the laser blue test car. It's just about repaired now, after a few months at the shop.

The front clam was destroyed, and the car that the elise hit wasnt even scratched

Long live the

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rtking

I don't know the circumstances behind the R32 accident, but I just don't understand how people could be so wreckless with a car that isn't theirs?

Bob
actually, the problem was that they weren't wreckless.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:15 PM

Quote:
The front clam was destroyed, and the car that the elise hit wasnt even scratched [/B]
Maybe Elisetalk needs a tracker for all the US Elise and if an unfortunate event strikes and the little Elise has to pass onto a better place, we can give it a place where her remaining friends and family can remember her contribution and achievements.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by atyclb:
actually, the problem was that they weren't wreckless.
LOL! Actually your reply reminds me of a quote I read in Car and Driver once:

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the near instantaneous deceleration that does..." -Csaba Csere

Maybe we should start banning immovable objects!

Bob
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 05:09 PM

Notice the VW was silver - if it had been yellow, the other car would have seen it coming
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 06:04 PM

huh. $18.4k bid on a car with $11k in *ostensible* damage, and the reserve still isn't met??

Isn't the car only ~$30k to begin with? And it's a demo car, to boot, and one that obviously hasn't been driven conservatively at all.

I can't believe anyone has bid it up that high.... actually nevermind, yes I can.

What a bad idea...

- John
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by agent.5
Maybe Elisetalk needs a tracker for all the US Elise and if an unfortunate event strikes and the little Elise has to pass onto a better place, we can give it a place where her remaining friends and family can remember her contribution and achievements.
Sounds like cool functionality.... maybe homepages? I could add homepage functionality to uselise.com, where everyone gets a subdomain like http://agent5.uselise.com/ or http://transio.uselise.com/ and can create their homepage (or memorial LOL) there- what do you guys think of that?

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 08:11 PM

Thanks for supporting my little idea. I have that eerie feeling that any accident with a SUV at over 20 mile per hour will totalled the Elise. I sincerely hope all Elise's drivers and their passengers will escape injury.

Even the body of an Elise will be towed away and most likely will be destroyed, her soul will live on, and she will be remembered deep inside our hearts.

The memorial will be a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the Elise to the safety of her passengers and to the broader causes of peace and freedom from tyranny throughout the world.

Quote:
Originally posted by transio
Sounds like cool functionality.... maybe homepages? I could add homepage functionality to uselise.com, where everyone gets a subdomain like http://agent5.uselise.com/ or http://transio.uselise.com/ and can create their homepage (or memorial LOL) there- what do you guys think of that?
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by agent.5
Thanks for supporting my little idea. I have that eerie feeling that any accident with a SUV at over 20 mile per hour will totalled the Elise. I sincerely hope all Elise's drivers and their passengers will escape injury.

Even the body of an Elise will be towed away and most likely will be destroyed, her soul will live on, and she will be remembered deep inside our hearts.

The memorial will be a monument to the spirit, sacrifice, and commitment of the Elise to the safety of her passengers and to the broader causes of peace and freedom from tyranny throughout the world.
All made complete by a shot of little Elises running from the tyranny of the SUV's piloted by Cylons.

Babak
Club111 Central Plains Coordinator

'05 Elise - Touring, HT, StarShield
'99 Ducati 996 Bip
'05 Freelander SE
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ivan1
Notice the VW was silver - if it had been yellow, the other car would have seen it coming
let's not start that discussion again please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in