Would you change your order if you could? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
View Poll Results: What would you like to change? - can choose more than one
Nothing - totally satisfied with my choices 28 75.68%
Would change my color selection 6 16.22%
Wish I had ordered LSS 2 5.41%
Wish I hadn't ordered LSS 0 0%
Wish I had ordered Touring package 1 2.70%
Wish I hadn't ordered Touring package 0 0%
Wish I had ordered hardtop 2 5.41%
Wish I hadn't ordered hardtop 1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Would you change your order if you could?

Now that many have placed their offical orders, just wondering - how many wish they could change something in their order and if so, what????
I think I will have second thoughts about color and suspension choice until I get my car....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Forum Founder

Garage
I think I will never be sure about the colors.

#somethingwickedthiswaycomes... the new Origin Noble M and the Origin 7

Zenos E10S for Sale! www.zenosforsale.com

There are some very shady dealers in the Lotus business.

2005 Lotus Elise, 1993 MR2, 1995 MR2, 125cc Shifter Kart, Toniq (in build), 2018 Origin 7 (waiting), 2018 Origin Noble M (waiting)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:37 PM

Order change

I hope this doesn't cause a flood of requests to change orders, delaying production, but I ordered 1 March with LSS and metallic color as the only options. After getting in and out of the car at the Columbus show, I decided to add the removeable hardtop to my order. My salesman said that was no problem, since they haven't started building the cars yet, but are only 'stockpiling' (I think that's the word he used) orders. I would guess this means they probably 'stockpile' the necessary parts/resources/etc. necessary to build the cars ordered before they commence production. A bit off topic, but I decided on the hardtop even if only to keep the car 'buttoned up' while in the garage or even outside, to keep bird crap and assorted airborne garbage out. And I figured the hardtop would be easier to keep clean than the cloth top. I also don't think it'll be seriously difficult to get in and out with the roof on. More strenuous and slower, but not like you're going to dislocate or pull anything doing it.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:33 PM

Laser Blue

I ordered magnetic Blue before Laser Blue was offered as a choice. I asked my dealer if I could change the color - he said no!

Which is nice...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

Re: Order change

Quote:
Originally posted by Less Moore
I decided to add the removeable hardtop to my order. My salesman said that was no problem
I suspect some dealers will be more helpful in trying to change an order if it adds to the final selling price...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 03:17 AM

Garage
I wanted to change my color too after seeing the paint chart in person...my dealer also said it wasnt possible. I'll just have to live with yellow.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 03:30 AM

I want one in every color.

2007 Exige S - Krypton Green - VF Stage 2 - RLS Intercooler - Volk TE37s - B&M Shifter - 2bular header & exhaust - Sector111 motorsport engine mounts - stripes - harnesses - Pagid pads - Green air filter
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 06:49 AM

It's hard to choose a color without having seen all of them. But I doubt if anyone will hate what they selected. So make you choice and live with it.

I don't really see how Lotus can allow lots of changes after taking orders, otherwise it screws up their planning and rather negates the whole point of taking orders in the first place.

Of course if you absolutely need to change colors, just offer your selection to someone lower on the list who hasn't ordered yet and swap positions. The resulting delay in delivery would be a tradeoff for the right to change your mind.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:53 AM

My only regret is that I did not place 2 deposits a year ago. I could be modifying one while still driving the other. Now when it is being worked on I won't have an Elise to Drive.

2006 Exige Chrome Orange
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:59 AM

After seeing the EXige in orange, I want to change my color to orange from green. I have not called my dealer to ask if I could just yet, but it is something I am thinking about doing.. I would also like to add a hard top if at all possible, but still not really sure!

Adamp
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam P
After seeing the EXige in orange, I want to change my color to orange from green. I have not called my dealer to ask if I could just yet, but it is something I am thinking about doing.. I would also like to add a hard top if at all possible, but still not really sure!

Adamp
You can get the hard top from the dealer at the time of delivery or later - they paint it instead of the factory, but should be ok.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 11:30 AM

Garage
I would change my color from Magnetic to Storm Ti. Not a big deal though. Wish it would get here soon, though.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:24 PM

Iím glad my order is in and canít be changedÖ The color decision was driving me nuts
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 03:03 PM

Hey Derek, Where are you in Pitt? That's where I am too.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 03:10 PM

top paint

I thought if you ordered the top later, the factory would use the paint code of your car to paint it before delivery.
As for adding the hardtop to my order (order change), I haven't gotten an e-mail from my salesman confirming the change, so maybe I spoke too soon! However, I would think since the top is the same for U.S. and Euro versions, they probably have plenty in stock and can easily be added to the initial order. On the other hand, the car itself with specific options that are installed on the car may not be so easily changed.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 05:24 PM

Re: top paint

Quote:
Originally posted by Less Moore
I thought if you ordered the top later, the factory would use the paint code of your car to paint it before delivery.
As for adding the hardtop to my order (order change), I haven't gotten an e-mail from my salesman confirming the change, so maybe I spoke too soon! However, I would think since the top is the same for U.S. and Euro versions, they probably have plenty in stock and can easily be added to the initial order. On the other hand, the car itself with specific options that are installed on the car may not be so easily changed.
Actually, the top is sprayed at the same time as the other components of the clam. If you order the top later, you will get it w/o paint.

Atleast that is my understanding.

Long live the
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Lotus Elise

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in