Hass Turbo Experience Log - Page 4 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:25 PM

Thought you guys would like to see how a professional does it. Here's a piece of the Hunting Ridge Motors/Hass Turbo installation.

I like it a lot!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HRM-Module-web.jpg (107.8 KB, 472 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Well I stopped by and checked my Elise out and everything looks great. We are hoping to send her to the Dyno on Fri and I will post the results when I get them. Looks like I will be getting my car back some time next week!
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Well I picked up my Elise today from Hass. Saw a bunch of fellow Elise Talkers and 1Fast. My system isn’t completely finished yet because Jay had to leave for vacation. So I told him to finish up enough so I could participate at the Lime Rock Event on the 27th. Well she’s at about 4.5 psi and according to the Dyno was at 225-230 Hp. Jay said that the reason for the low Hp was probably due to my Arquay Sport Cat and dual SS Tip exhaust. He said that the system was much more restrictive than the stock exhaust set up. Sorry guys. Anyways, when we install the boost controller I will be able to up the boost to pull more Hp when I want. He did offer to make me a 3” CAT & exhaust system that would perform much better. However I am really happy with how the car is at the current Hp and will probably just opt to up the boost when needed. My Arquay exhaust is now quieter than the stock system and I can even hear the turbo spooling up, the waste gate releasing pressure, and the fans on the intercooler. Kind of reminds me of the sound from the Knight Rider show.

When Jay gets back he’s going to finish up my custom gauge pod, the boost controller, and the Moroso Oil Pan.

My impressions of the ride are as follows. It’s like the car is on high cams all the time. You really notice the difference in the mid range with tons of torque. Jay was able to get rid of that nasty dip and create a relatively linear torque curve. As for rough idle, I did not experience that at all. The car pulls strongly in every gear, even 6th. 1Fast and I were on the Merit together and at one point a van got too close to us so we punched it. 1Fast said we were doing around 120. I didn’t even realize it since I never hit the high cams and I was in 6th gear. Seriously, I wouldn’t intentionally go that fast on the highway, but the speedometer jumped so dam quickly. So hold off on the flames please!

As for the question of “was it worth the wait?” HELL YES!!!! I think even 1Fast who was celebrating his 1 year anniversary without his car would agree. If any of you guys are interested in getting the kit, I would suggest you go up and visit Jay. If you take the Merit, there’s this cool tunnel that you drive through that is awesome for exhaust notes. 1Fast’s car sounded like a Formula 1 car in the tunnel.

It is clear to me that this is how the Elise is meant to be. Anyways, I will be up at Lime Rock on the 27th so if anyone wants to check her out I’ll see you there.

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rio Trix
Just curious you guys that already have your hass kits on a driving what Octain fuel are you running? Is 91 gonna be ok on our compression or will 93oct be needed to avoid nock? Thanx
I only use 93 oct so I can't answer that. I think Jay said that 91 would be fine, but you will loose a little Hp.
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIIK2NR
225-230 is that RWHP or at the crank?... Were can I get 93 octane in SoCAL? I thought 91 was the highest octane at the pumps.
Those numbers are RWHP
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcusemi
Hi Scotty:

That was me with the stage 2 exhaust, which Jay told me that it is very restricted. I guess I need to have Jay fabricate one for me. I do not want the sigle tip, I would like to keep the original look which have 2 pipes coming out from the middle.
Jay said that my Arquay Setup was more restrictive than yours. However, I am really happy with how quite the system is. So I'm going to keep it and use my 4.5 psi as a low boost setting and maybe 7psi for my high boost setting when I need extra power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Resource Center > Lotus Resource Center(LRC) > -Engine-(LRC) > ---Forced Induction(LRC)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in